Manchester United partial sale completed: Jim Ratcliffe acquires 27.7% share, 100% control of sporting side)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

As part of this process, the Board will consider all strategic alternatives, including new investment into the club, a sale, or other transactions involving the Company. This will include an assessment of several initiatives to strengthen the club, including stadium and infrastructure redevelopment, and expansion of the club’s commercial operations on a global scale, each in the context of enhancing the long-term success of the club’s men’s, women’s and academy teams, and bringing benefits to fans and other stakeholders.

• Love
Reactions: hatterson

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Don't want US investors. My hope is Jim Ratcliffem and please don't become a play thing for Oil Shieks.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
6 billion seems pretty high for a company with a market cap of around 2 billion.
That's mainly because the stocks offer limited dividends and have no voting rights. They are all class B, and only 10% of the company was sold. In an actual bid up take over it would be massive. So the Glaziers will privately negotiate a sale for their 90% control as a block, and then the buyer will likely take it private at that valuation.

Reactions: ck26

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Interesting... I will say I feel like United isn't as good an investment as it could've been. Anyone buying the team is going to have to dump probably close to a billion into the club to re do Carrington and Old Trafford. Even then if someone bought the club for 5bil lets say, it's going to be hard to get a good ROI on that.

Also I'm not entirely sure how it would work, but there's still ~500mil of debt saddled to the club. Definitely seems like the Glazers and FSG are getting out now that the ESL is dead in the water.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad