MANCHESTER, NH THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Here for all of you who want to talk about hockey at SNHU Arena in Manchester, NH, and how it is shameful no team has been put there by any league.

DISCLAIMER: this is an oddly specific topic and only created so @CANADIENSFAN90 stops hijacking threads that have nothing to do with the topic because he now has a place to discuss said topic

Maybe the Western Professional Hockey League will put a team in Manchester! What say you, @NJdangles99???

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
Here for all of you who want to talk about hockey at SNHU Arena in Manchester, NH, and how it is shameful no team has been put there by any league.

DISCLAIMER: this is an oddly specific topic and only created so @CANADIENSFAN90 stops hijacking threads that have nothing to do with the topic because he now has a place to discuss said topic
I’ll talk about Manchester,nh in any thread I want Manchester,nh will get hockey in the AHL ECHL qmjhl or fphl it’s a nice arena

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I’ll talk about Manchester,nh in any thread I want Manchester,nh will get hockey in the AHL ECHL qmjhl or fphl it’s a nice arena

Yeah, no you won't. Thread hijacking isn't permitted per HFB rules. It is why almost all of your posts have been removed over the last 48 hours. That and the subthread rules about posts by people off their antipsychotic medication.

This is the only place you're permitted to talk about it. Now get going having fun within the confines of this thread.

Shut the f*** up

The wheeling nailers attendance is worse than Manchester why not get good owners and maybe it will work in Manchester

Manchester doesn't have a team, hasn't in years, so that 3,000 the Nailers get per game is about 3,000 more fans per game than the best hockey team in Manchester.

The wheeling nailers attendance is worse than Manchester why not get good owners and maybe it will work in Manchester

Why don't you go out and get a team if it is such a guaranteed success?

Reactions: Roadhog

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
Yeah, no you won't. Thread hijacking isn't permitted per HFB rules. It is why almost all of your posts have been removed over the last 48 hours. That and the subthread rules about posts by people off their antipsychotic medication.

This is the only place you're permitted to talk about it. Now get going having fun within the confines of this thread.

Manchester doesn't have a team, hasn't in years, so that 3,000 the Nailers get per game is about 3,000 more fans per game than the best hockey team in Manchester.

Why don't you go out and get a team if it is such a guaranteed success?
Manchester monarchs had way more than 3k the AHL that why I been saying the AHL can work in Manchester

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Manchester monarchs had way more than 3k the AHL that why I been saying the AHL can work in Manchester

AHL isn't about attendance anymore. It hasn't been since 2015 and the great western migration. That is why we have been saying you are an absolute nutcase. It is about having a NHL team that wants their prospects in that market and having those prospects develop there. Nothing else. NHL teams don't care what their AHL team is drawing. That isn't the raison d'être for the league anymore. You not understanding this wholly accepted fact means you can't evolve past your humorously naive postings.

The AHL could work anywhere. They play out of a 4000 seat rec rink complex in San José. You saying "they got good attendance back in 2005" one more time actually means HFB is required to put in a report about you to the mental illness hotline in your area.

No NHL team wants their AHL team in Manchester. They haven't in 10 years. Judging by the current situation, they won't for a long time in to the future. That is the long and short of it. That's reality and the world we inhabit. I hope you find a way to cope with it, since you clearly having been living in it.

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
AHL isn't about attendance anymore. It hasn't been since 2015 and the great western migration. That is why we have been saying you are an absolute nutcase. It is about having a NHL team that wants their prospects in that market and having those prospects develop there. Nothing else. NHL teams don't care what their AHL team is drawing. That isn't the raison d'être for the league anymore. You not understanding this wholly accepted fact means you can't evolve past your humorously naive postings.

The AHL could work anywhere. They play out of a 4000 seat rec rink complex in San José. You saying "they got good attendance back in 2005" one more time actually means HFB is required to put in a report about you to the mental illness hotline in your area.

No NHL team wants their AHL team in Manchester. They haven't in 10 years. Judging by the current situation, they won't for a long time in to the future. That is the long and short of it. That's reality and the world we inhabit. I hope you find a way to cope with it, since you clearly having been living in it.
Ok maybe the fphl could go to Manchester,nh

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Ok maybe the fphl could go to Manchester,nh

Does it fit the FPHL league footprint?
Is there FPHL ownership groups interested in Manchester?
Is there Manchester fan interest in FPHL?
Is there SNHU Arena interest in allowing a FPHL team to get a lease?
Is there still infrastructure at SNHU Arena for FPHL?
Is it financially sustainable for the FPHL at SNHU Arena?
It is a level of hockey lower pretty close or lower than NCAA DIII, so how will former AHL fans react if they didn't like the ECHL product?
How will hockey fans feel about skimping FPHL ownership groups after being put through everything by previous skimping ECHL owners?

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
Does it fit the FPHL league footprint?
Is there FPHL ownership groups interested in Manchester?
Is there Manchester fan interest in FPHL?
Is there SNHU Arena interest in allowing a FPHL team to get a lease?
Is there still infrastructure at SNHU Arena for FPHL?
Is it financially sustainable for the FPHL at SNHU Arena?
It is a level of hockey lower pretty close or lower than NCAA DIII, so how will former AHL fans react if they didn't like the ECHL product?
How will hockey fans feel about skimping FPHL ownership groups after being put through everything by previous skimping ECHL owners?
1 yes Danville 2 maybe I have no idea 3 maybe 4 I don’t run the rink 5 they will host hockey so yes 6 fphl feels like they go anywhere 7 maybe the ownership should tell fans hey it’s a lower level of play but it still good if owners put good ticket options that cost good other teams have went down and where good

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
1 yes Danville 2 maybe I have no idea 3 maybe 4 I don’t run the rink 5 they will host hockey so yes 6 fphl feels like they go anywhere 7 maybe the ownership should tell fans hey it’s a lower level of play but it still good if owners put good ticket options that cost good other teams have went down and where good

And have you heard anything remotely reliable about the FPHL moving to SNHU with you claiming you it is such a good, slam dunk, easy market to walk into despite a lot of variables you admit to not knowing the answers to?

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
The AHL is now a mostly pwned subsidiary of the NHL.

What a lot of people really need to ask for is a league that’s one of those “partner independent” leagues that MLB redesignated. Or…

…eh…

…dammit Jim, I’m a budget analyst, not a psychiatrist.
You know, we aren't sure about the future of those partner leagues since MLB is always looking for ways to slash budgets in the minors, and even now, those aren't the most healthy of systems. So while people want a league that's independent of the main league but has the blessings of said league, the NHL ain't going to allow that.

Reactions: Roadhog

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis

It's why there's a team in Cedar Park, Texas despite there being no team for hundreds of miles for them to play against. Same with Charlotte.

The idea is now to have a team close to you instead of having a team in a market that will want them because the AHL exists to develop these prospects. Fans want more Chicago Wolves but that ain't happening anymore. If the fans want that traditional minor league hockey, they'll have to settle for the ECHL.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
You know, we aren't sure about the future of those partner leagues since MLB is always looking for ways to slash budgets in the minors, and even now, those aren't the most healthy of systems. So while people want a league that's independent of the main league but has the blessings of said league, the NHL ain't going to allow that.
The partnership probably consists of an agreement to not pay too much to independent teams when they sign players out of those leagues. If anything, those leagues will grow at the expense of the affiliates.

I’ve got a whole speech about the odd things going on in the Northwest League, but probably best not to get me started.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
By the way, MLB agreed to not close down any more minor league teams through the 2027 season in the first minor league players’ bargaining agreement. That means they either trust something about future income streams or are a lot dumber than we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad