MANCHESTER, NH THREAD #2

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
1705013603646.gif

HFB needs a place to discuss hockey and Manchester, NH. Let us continue.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Schedule it for the first weekend of pro hockey's return to The Promised Land. I'll have Mrs. JMC send my urn of ashes there.
Had my first hair of grey in my beard today. Maybe I will be a greybeard by then.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Will the retired Manchester Monarchs team bus pick me up for this function?
Unfortunately that vehicle was sold for scrap in 2015, after the L.A. Kings determined it wouldn't survive the cross country trip to the franchise's new home in Ontario, CA. Your alternative would be to book with the @CANADIENSFAN90 Reality Tour & Muffin Stumps Disposal Service ...

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
I don’t think it will be 10 years I think Manchester will be back in 5 years
Here's the deal; the ECHL would rather go *west* so those teams aren't so isolated and there's more variety. The report mentioned how New Mexico fell through, for example. If there's markets that open out east, however, they are open to them. It's just there's an area they'd rather focus on.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
ECHL: A Chat With The Commissioner, Ryan Crelin 10 to 15 markets that the ECHL is looking at Manchester,no I bet is one of them
How is there NOT a raging expansion thread based on this article?

Besides, I want to put in about 3 pages worth of stuff about Salem, Oregon since they’re getting an Arena Football League team in a building probably better suited for hockey, even though I’m sure there was already a discussion that took place to the effect of:

ECHL: So, are you interested in pro hockey?

State Fairgrounds Management: Ooooo… are you paying for the ice plant?

ECHL: (pregnant pause) Um…

Fairgrounds: click.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Here's the deal; the ECHL would rather go *west* so those teams aren't so isolated and there's more variety. The report mentioned how New Mexico fell through, for example. If there's markets that open out east, however, they are open to them. It's just there's an area they'd rather focus on.
New Mexico hasn't necessarily fallen through. In my recent talks with members involved, they could not get organized in time to submit a bid for the 24-25 season, but it looks like they are still trying for the 25-26 season. But Manchester isn't happening.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
New Mexico hasn't necessarily fallen through. In my recent talks with members involved, they could not get organized in time to submit a bid for the 24-25 season, but it looks like they are still trying for the 25-26 season. But Manchester isn't happening.
I hereby boldly predict that the future of pro hockey in Manchester, New Hampshire rests squarely on the strength of this thread & its predecessor. :nod:

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I hereby boldly predict that the future of pro hockey in Manchester, New Hampshire rests squarely on the strength of this thread & its predecessor. :nod:
Truth be told, I personally know of at least five cities, Manchester included, that have been in talks with the ECHL. That said, talking is ALL that has happened in Manchester, and it doesn't sound like it has continued.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
*stands outside the “walking dead” condition Richmond coliseum.
A "Zombie Hockey League (ZHL)" inspired by the classic hockey thriller Ahockalypse (2017) might be the salvation of Manchester & equivalent "Scorched Ice"** markets.

** Please excuse the self-promotional thread crossover link. It's been a slow news year in this forum.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad