Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Lolverpool

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
would without a shred of doubt take Ole over Keane as a manager, 7 days a week. would personally rather neither.

good lord, tho, Ole really does look like Andy Serkis doesn't he
I don't know if that's a recent picture but Roy drove 9 hours to Norway to cheer up Ole when he was feeling really down after getting sacked. That's a proper team mate/captain/friend.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Rettig has suggested that Nagelsmann might stay for longer and has said that the DFB have yet to make any contact with Kloppo. Hard to see JN sticking around past the euros even if we win, but would certainly be interesting if he did.

Believe it or not, his playing career too. The lad is good!

Man, CGI really is amazing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Streich has confirmed that this'll be his last season with Freiburg. Huge news, guess this means no Xabi for Bayern.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He's not wrong but if the club is rising prices because they know tourists will pay more, that's also a f***ed up piece of business.

It's unfair to diminish the fandom of those fans but it is a legitimate issue for local fans as well.

Spurs made a mistake by eliminating senior pricing. They should have, at the least, allowed those already on senior pricing to continue with their price, but eliminate it for future seniors. That left a really bad taste in my mouth, and I'm sure it's worse for locals who may have had season tickets for decades.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
With a still pretty new stadium and being located in London, I'm sure a lot of the people visiting to watch matches there aren't even 'plastic' Spurs fans, they might very well just be random people who want to watch a PL game. That's the down side of being in a global city like London which attracts millions of visitors and of course with the Premier League as a league having such global visibility.

But that's been going on at all the London PL clubs as well as the Northwest giants for years now. Could be more of an issue at Spurs because it's still a relatively recent phenomenon. 10 years ago I don't think their global profile was anywhere near where it is now. I don't think any of the big English clubs could be credited with considering the economic means of their local community when setting ticket prices. It's been a wealthy man's (or very fiscally irresponsible man's) game for a while now.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
With a still pretty new stadium and being located in London, I'm sure a lot of the people visiting to watch matches there aren't even 'plastic' Spurs fans, they might very well just be random people who want to watch a PL game. That's the down side of being in a global city like London which attracts millions of visitors and of course with the Premier League as a league having such global visibility.

But that's been going on at all the London PL clubs as well as the Northwest giants for years now. Could be more of an issue at Spurs because it's still a relatively recent phenomenon. 10 years ago I don't think their global profile was anywhere near where it is now. I don't think any of the big English clubs could be credited with considering the economic means of their local community when setting ticket prices. It's been a wealthy man's (or very fiscally irresponsible man's) game for a while now.
Tourist tickets are a thing at all the major clubs. Always been a thing. Sister got to see a Chelsea / West Ham match on a student ticket a while back when Chelsea were in their title winning Jose period. It's part of the reason clubs are rebuilding their hospitality programs and concourses to milk more money out of the people who see it as a holiday type of outing.

With the increase of prices, you'll see more of it, as the temptation for a lot of clubs and season ticket holders is to move tickets on to offset some of the costs.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Why would Southampton replace Russell Martin lol he's done a spectacular job

A top heavy Championship does not negate the fact that 4th place Southampton are on course for a point total that would be a record second place finish (93 points). A point total that in literally every season in the last 20 years would be auto promotion. Would be an epic lack of perspective for them to sack him. The top four in the Championship this year is historically good. Ipswich, currently in third, are en route to a point total which would have won the Championship 15 of the last 20 years.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
FYI, Daily Star is the original and only source for this rumor.
Ah was not aware, but was too good not to share.

But TNT Sports also photoshopped Klopp’s UCL trophy lift onto their Arsenal post when they beat Porto, so it’s entirely possible they don’t know what they are doing

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad