• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: vanuck

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
You guys don’t like my take on management or the rebuild or non rebuild. Whatever, but the 7-9 year thing gets brought up unsolicited, all the time. Really struck a chord.

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Glad to see a new management thread. The title of the old one kept reminding me of a terrible song from the 90s.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

I pray that our beloved Sedins do not suffer the same fate that Trevor did. Much like most of you, I was so disappointed that there was not a house cleaning this off season.

But damn it if I don’t have faith in my fellow Gingers to find a way to navigate through this and find a way to help our Canucks. It looks like a PR move on the surface, but I just cannot believe these guys will be figureheads. They will want to be involved and are too smart to be used.

I only hope they will be taken seriously and have the ability to make the tough decisions when needed. That’s my only concern. They have a reputation for being such nice human beings.

As most of us know, sometimes in Management, being nice doesn’t lead to being successful. You can be respectful and successful, but nice just isn’t always possible in my experience.

These men stand for so much that is good about the Organization. I agree that this is not the ideal situation for them to be mentored in. However, they are both worldly men and I trust they will reach out to those they respect to learn from as well.

My apologies if I’ve covered points that were exhausted in the previous Management Thread and the Sedin Announcement Thread.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your summer (winter below the equator)

Some memes for you,

374205E0-AC62-4567-996F-C7E21177E2AF.jpeg

B3DC887F-9B3C-48D1-A050-3741854298C8.jpeg

592F807E-1D5A-4AA7-A8A8-933E04280ABD.jpeg

9E0DD72F-4FED-4431-AEC8-F89A6E0EB2D7.jpeg

9F9231B8-E3FB-4250-B675-1C947303C2D1.jpeg

63EA50A2-81DD-42A1-8E02-5DAEC8EC02B8.jpeg

07ADB192-34EE-4B81-A08C-6F7B302EE88E.jpeg

D26BF1AB-F0D6-473F-9877-E029E5673C87.jpeg

9C97746D-0728-49BA-A774-66A78FEE6BF2.jpeg

052B035C-BC98-4A14-B788-F5C849D4E933.jpeg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I can't think of a single NHL market where the owner would have 'turned the other cheek' after a season like the one the Canucks just went through. They'd have lowered the boom, if only to keep faith with the fan-base and the market.

But the 'solution' in VanCity was to bring the Sedins in from the cold, and keep the same guys in place. In fact the Sedins were a crutch so ownership wouldn't have to do anything.

IMO the Aquilini's are the worst NHL owners in Canada....and that's saying something since the primary 'competition' is the erratic Eugene Melnyk in Ottawa and Daryl Katz in Edmonton.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I can't think of a single NHL market where the owner would have 'turned the other cheek' after a season like the one the Canucks just went through. They'd have lowered the boom, if only to keep faith with the fan-base and the market.

But the 'solution' in VanCity was to bring the Sedins in from the cold, and keep the same guys in place. In fact the Sedins were a crutch so ownership wouldn't have to do anything.

IMO the Aquilini's are the worst NHL owners in Canada....and that's saying something since the primary 'competition' is the erratic Eugene Melnyk in Ottawa and Daryl Katz in Edmonton.

It felt so close even if it was for a brief window of time too.

The joy I personally felt, not to mention s good portion of the fans, when there were whispers of changes coming.

Benning out. Francesco pivoted to a different portfolio while Paolo would take over. Cliff Ronning involved (remember that?)

Then something changed and we're back to the status quo. Same coach, same gm, same bullshit over again at least for another season.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Hi everyone,

I pray that our beloved Sedins do not suffer the same fate that Trevor did. Much like most of you, I was so disappointed that there was not a house cleaning this off season.

But damn it if I don’t have faith in my fellow Gingers to find a way to navigate through this and find a way to help our Canucks. It looks like a PR move on the surface, but I just cannot believe these guys will be figureheads. They will want to be involved and are too smart to be used.

I only hope they will be taken seriously and have the ability to make the tough decisions when needed. That’s my only concern. They have a reputation for being such nice human beings.

As most of us know, sometimes in Management, being nice doesn’t lead to being successful. You can be respectful and successful, but nice just isn’t always possible in my experience.

These men stand for so much that is good about the Organization. I agree that this is not the ideal situation for them to be mentored in. However, they are both worldly men and I trust they will reach out to those they respect to learn from as well.

My apologies if I’ve covered points that were exhausted in the previous Management Thread and the Sedin Announcement Thread.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your summer (winter below the equator)
I think the Sedins will do better with the fanbase than Trevor. It seems so long ago but at one time the team does these "townhall" where STH gets to go and ask questions. I went to one and maybe Trevor just wasn't used to, or expecting, the pointed questions, he became pretty condescending with his answers. I know that turned some people off and it definitely did for me. I can't see the Sedins losing it like that on the fans.
I also think now is a good time for the twins to get involved. There is absolutely zero expectations in this market. The casuals had long forgotten about the team. The die-hards will always here and, despite the recent banner flying over town, is generally pretty muted. There is still a legend of pro-management fans that are perfectly satisfy with a now 9 years rebuild, and in 2 years they will just as happily watch an 11 years rebuild, etc etc. And when the day comes that somebody gets the axe, its going to be Benning taking all the blame (rightfully). I think the Sedins legacy will be just fine.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Hi everyone,

Some memes for you,

View attachment 451387

View attachment 451388

View attachment 451389

View attachment 451390

View attachment 451391

View attachment 451392

View attachment 451393

View attachment 451394

View attachment 451395

View attachment 451396
Oh my god, the “super angry” one :laugh:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
It makes a person wonder what they were trying to do before?

Does it?

Just par for the course when yer bloating out your salary cap with age gappers.

When it comes down to being competitive in this league, you HAVE to play the salary cap game and the Canucks haven’t played it since Gilly left.

The #s have told the real story every single time.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Hi everyone,

Some memes for you,

View attachment 451387

View attachment 451388

View attachment 451389

View attachment 451390

View attachment 451391

View attachment 451392

View attachment 451393

View attachment 451394

View attachment 451395

View attachment 451396
Good to see you GP.