Management Thread: Cold Chicken Noodle Soup and 1/2 a Pizza Pop Edition. (MOD WARNING POST 728)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Those are three of the greatest Russian players of all time, all of whom had to defect under threat from the Soviet Union to play in the NHL, so I don't know that those names are the best example.

What are you his lawyer or PR man? The man said tell me a Russian D-man who came over near 30 yrs-old....if ever. I don't care how they got here. They answered the question. IF EVER?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Move the goal posts. I simply replied to what you asked. The Stanley cup wears the names of the first 2 and the Detroit fans don't care when. The 3rd was an NHL All Star and played 7 years in the NHL after 13 in Russia.
I'm out.
I said KHL players..not Soviet era stars...

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
What are you his lawyer or PR man? The man said tell me a Russian D-man who came over near 30 yrs-old....if ever. I don't care how they got here. They answered the question. IF EVER?
Sorry, I was trying to live in the real world, where this doesn't happen anymore. Technically, if I wanted to get pedantic about things, I could counter that none of those players came over from "Russia" or the KHL, as the Soviet Union didn't dissolve until December of '91 and the KHL wasn't founded until 2008.

But I'll let you have this one :sarcasm:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
He had an European assignment clause and what the Canucks wanted to do was have him go down for a conditioning stint instead of sitting in the pressbox.

I have no idea why this gets twisted into some attack on management.

Because they put a clause in the contract assuring him they wouldn't do a thing and then immediately tried to get him to do the thing, and the player was pretty clearly unhappy about it.

Reactions: geebaan and Peter10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad