Management Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't like either but firing MT would be to bring in a coach to lead the team to a Cup.....but if he won the Cup why would he need to be fired?

Because we will win the cup despite the coach and everything else .. are you new around here or what?

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
A cup within the next two seasons would at least validate the moves that MB has made, or the ones that he didn't make, like not firing Therrien. I am at the point where it's the cup or nothing.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Bob: You've had way too much to drink, Doug, you shouldn't drive home.
Doug: If I do, and make it home okay, will you change your mind?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Bob: You've had way too much to drink, Doug, you shouldn't drive home.
Doug: If I do, and make it home okay, will you change your mind?

Nice story, but it's not the same thing at all actually...

It's not just about Bob and Doug here.

There are a lot more people involved .

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
You don't think that this team with a healthy Price is a contender?

Need help at LD still. A change of coach would be a nice change of scenery. Not cause I think MT is the worst coach ever but every coach has an expiry date with a team. His is long past imo.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Exactly my point... This management can't do no right...

Currently they have done no right. Provide cup, collect approval. All they have right now is a historic collapse, excuses, nepotism, and boring hockey.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Nice story, but it's not the same thing at all actually...

It's not just about Bob and Doug here.

There are a lot more people involved .

Distinction without difference.

''If my obviously poor decisions lead to success, will you change your mind that my decisions are obviously poor?'' is not made more sensible if you change the personal pronouns to the plural ''our.''

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Need help at LD still. A change of coach would be a nice change of scenery. Not cause I think MT is the worst coach ever but every coach has an expiry date with a team. His is long past imo.

Reading this board :

Pac=ghost, no leadership , trade him
Plekanec=old overpaid 3rd center
Markov=3rd pair dude , turtle
Emelin=overpaid no brain 6th D
Gallagher=good second liner nothing more
Radulov=KHL is not NHL , next semin

Not even bringing in DD and the other guys ...

A change of coach? What exactly do you expect to get from those loosers with a new coach?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Distinction without difference.

''If my obviously poor decisions lead to success, will you change your mind that my decisions are obviously poor?'' is not made more sensible if you change the personal pronouns to the plural ''our.''

Whaaat? Poor decisions lead to success? I think there's something wrong here...

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Isn't the complaint that current management are too incompetent to win a Cup? People saying that they wouldn't forgive or whatever the management team are being awfully dumb and acting just like the people they're bashing.

I don't care about the personalities if we're winning.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Isn't the complaint that current management are too incompetent to win a Cup? People saying that they wouldn't forgive or whatever the management team are being awfully dumb and acting just like the people they're bashing.

I don't care about the personalities if we're winning.

Maybe you should as there's no WE, you're not winning anything, you're a spectator, watching other people winning...

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Reading this board :

Pac=ghost, no leadership , trade him
Plekanec=old overpaid 3rd center
Markov=3rd pair dude , turtle
Emelin=overpaid no brain 6th D
Gallagher=good second liner nothing more
Radulov=KHL is not NHL , next semin

Not even bringing in DD and the other guys ...

A change of coach? What exactly do you expect to get from those loosers with a new coach?

I don't know if this is a troll thread since it seems designed to simply stir the pot but I'll play along.

I genuinely believe the Canadiens are a contender and we certainly are capable of winning the cup. However, we have deficiencies on LD and I would argue possibly still missing a top-6 LW. Now, we got youngsters that we have to count on to crack the line-up and make and impact and I do hope Lehkonen, Ghetto and Carr step up.

All that being said, we don't have game breakers like other teams in our own division. Then there are teams with game breakers and guys like Kessel playing on the 3rd line. Assuming the Pens don't suddenly drop off for example, as well as Washington and the Florida teams, we are going to be in tough this year.

Now, perhaps Galchenyuk will continue his progresssion and Radulov tears the opposition up? Patches hits 35+ and Weber cracks 20 goals again? Price rebounds and has 40+ wins, Gallagher and Plekanec score 45+ points? I mean, those are a lot of ifs but we need that to get past a lot of other teams that are arguably stronger all-around than we are if we want to be objective.

A good season will help mend the wounds of the Habs being poorly managed but while management success definitely is dependent on team success, effective management can also be managed by how it handles things when the outlook is more bleak. Our management group basically turtled and turned a blind eye in those critical months from December to January which isn't a sign of strong leadership.

Regardless of how the season goes, we WILL hit a rough patch. Be it for 5 games or more, management redemption for me starts when I see how the team leaders, from the locker room to the management offices, handle it.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
The narrative would simply shift - Price and Gallagher were just too good, and MB wasn't responsible for either one. The team won the Cup in spite of the management, not because of it. They might have won the Cup, but they would have won the Cup more convincingly with PK and Guy Boucher and if Bryan Flynn wasn't on the team and if they had traded for a better goalie in Dec 2015 and if DD had been bought out and if Bouillon hadn't been signed in 2013 and if Paul Byron didn't get a 3 year deal and if Lefebvre had been fired years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad