Post-Game Talk: Man, that's Wild 2 - Penguins 7

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
The only bad thing about tonight was the Suter elbow. I'm really worried, Downie is so important and he has a history with concussions.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ EVERYTHING!

(seriously, was anyone other than Bortuzzo bad tonight? Because Bortuzzo was bad. And he should feel bad)

Great game.

Always fun to run into a team with **** goaltending that has reached the point where half the team is just waiting for the coach to be fired. :naughty:

Ergo, I won't read too much into this. Now, if Kunitz does what he did tonight against the Isles, Ranger, and Flyers in the next week, then I'll be at the forefront of 'haters' admitting my fault, assuming of course that I survive dying of shock.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Nice to see us stomp a team on the scoreboard, its been a while. I was actually expecting some clock watching laziness and a 5-3 final score after Martin's goal, so it was good to see them maintain dominance even after Fontaine scored.

LionelHutz*

Least exciting 7 goal goal in recent memory, Minnesota is just flat out awful.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- Adams

If you're tough enough to take a run at Malkin in practice, then you need to take a run at Suter for elbowing Downie.

#awaitingdeardiarysrandomexcuse

Michael8771*

If it wasn't for MAF this game would have been much closer. He was our best player.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Nice to see Sid with three points. Honestly he could have easily had a goal or two to go along with those assists.

Malkin was really good too. Spaling even looks pretty solid on that line. He's a decent third wheel for those two right now. Comeau would be better, but Spaling is a nice fill in guy.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Beau

Any questions about where he should be playing?

Really, if he's going to get immobilized at some point by getting a hangnail on the ice, then it damn well better happen while he's skating on Malkin's RW.

EDIT: I had Comeau slotted there but figured there was no harm in seeing if Beau could supplant him. He's done it. As good as Comeau was, as much chemistry as he showed with Malkin, Beau helps make Malkin better. Only other two linemates I saw do that-- make Malkin better, not just help Malkin accrue points-- were Malone and Talbot during the cup run. Viva la Beau Beau.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
+ Solid win against a team they should beat solidly.
- Nobody bats an eye at Suter and Downie deserved to be stood up for. Had a chance too with the blowout, very disappointing. Team is neutered without Downie.

Michael8771*

Great game by Goc and the Crosby line. Certainly some positives to take away. Nice to see the PP cash in as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad