Malkin's future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Malkin right now is more valuable then Ovechkin. He is already a better player. The guy is the RSL monster, where he outshined Heatly and Lacavalier. The only better RSL center right now is Kaigorodov and he is Ottawa bound.
He possesses a solid, 6¨ˆ0 and 195 pound frame. He is a natural center and has great hockey sense. He sees ice very well and creates excellent chances for his line mates. According to a source close to Metallurg Mg. Alexei is a natural passer and a great skater. It further elaborated that Alexei has great lateral movement and skates well through traffic, but does not have fast breakaway speed. Despite his solid size, Alexei is not very aggressive. He prefers to use his stick and positioning to stop the opponent or get the puck. Alexei has an above average wrist shot, but needs to shoot more often. Mentally, Alexei is calm and composed, fitting in well among the veteran players of one of the best hockey teams in Europe. Metallurg Mgnt. He is Igor Larionov's clone on steroids and has better shot on net.

Last edited:

moulson

Jul 15, 2005
Malkin's Line

Can you imagine a number 2 line consisting of Malkin at Center, Morozov on
Right wing (4th in the RSL in scoring last season) and the SPEEDY Koltsov
on Left Wing who also had a pretty strong year :jump: I WISH I lived anywhere
near Pittsburgh, I would camp out for tickets to see that never mind the fact
of the number 1 line of Crosby at Center, Lemieux at left wing and Recchi
at Right Wing who finished in the top 10 in scoring last NHL season :eek:

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Zoo said:
Yes he can, but he will be more effective at centre... it makes me kinda remember the days of Lemieux and Francis. Now we have Crosby and Malkin :bow:

if it ever come close to that then we will all be lucky......but as of now its not even close

moulson

Jul 15, 2005
chum said:
i don't think crosby or malkin can step into NHL right away and play on the 1st or 2nd line. probably have to break them in slowly from 3rd or 4th line.

i can see the ottawa fans back in 93' thinking. oh cool we have a log jam in center with yashin and daigle (who btw, were picked 1st overall from qmjhl and 2nd overall from russia, coincidence? ; ) but the team still performed poorly with 2 youngsters in center.

i don't think nhl is a league in which a team could have rookie centers on first 2 lines and still maintain competitive.

just my 2 cents.

And thats about all this post is worth 2 CENTS :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Coffee and 7's*

How About Lemiux-crosby-malkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They Will All Pass Each Other So Much That The Enemy Will Totaly Lose Control And Freak Out!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
dakdak said:
How About Lemiux-crosby-malkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They Will All Pass Each Other So Much That The Enemy Will Totaly Lose Control And Freak Out!
Will they soil themselves?

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I'm calling for HF Boards to ban exclamation points.

Basically, the Pens will have an incredible 1-2 punch down the middle for a long time.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Mario (or Malkin) at centre and Crosby on right wing would look like Beliveau and Cournoyer late sixties. Obviously Mario won't play 82 games so will Sid win the Art Ross...or will Evgeny? :D

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Isn't that where or at least I know its damn close to power House HS football team De La Salle!
Yes, De La Salle is nearby, but not in Pits. It's a little town with a high crime rate (projects and low income housing). Then again, I guess it's not as bad as other places in the East Bay Area.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
moulson said:
Can you imagine a number 2 line consisting of Malkin at Center, Morozov on
Right wing (4th in the RSL in scoring last season) and the SPEEDY Koltsov
on Left Wing who also had a pretty strong year :jump: I WISH I lived anywhere
near Pittsburgh, I would camp out for tickets to see that never mind the fact
of the number 1 line of Crosby at Center, Lemieux at left wing and Recchi
at Right Wing who finished in the top 10 in scoring last NHL season :eek:

That actually seems like a great idea. Put the Russian players together. To help make things easier on Koltsov and Malkin as they each get more accustomed to the NHL game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad