Confirmed with Link: Malkin re-signs to a 4 year, $6.1 million AAV deal (Eklund called it, start singing his praises)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hilarious...........all of the experts and I called this 2 days ago.

Can't wait to hear how the team is better with all of these signings..............never get one response.
Exactly, all anyone had to do is be patient and instead people started bridge jumping. They all should be ashamed of themselves.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
That damned Sidney Crosby, always meddling in front office and coaching decisions. Always up to no good.

I'm just happy the over-dramatized, shitty soap opera is over.

Also:

Maybe we can stop posting Rossi and Yohe shit because they're always wrong, and have compiled a mountain of evidence saying neither has a clue what the f*** they're talking about?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
yes, but not without a lot of help. Still so much re-tooling to be done, but I honestly have no problem with 3 of the 4 contracts (I would still prefer to find a Rust replacement)

Yep agree. And i'm sure by December a lot of people who were about to go after Hex for NOT signing Geno are going to be claiming how bad Hex is for signing these guys. :laugh:

Honestly I think the majority of us are on the same page. Great cool Penguins moment and i'll gladly by a ticket and watch those guys til their final day.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Hilarious...........all of the experts and I called this 2 days ago.

Can't wait to hear how the team is better with all of these signings..............never get one response.
The team is better with all these signings, its the best top 6 we've had in a while and its potentially not over

Now to work on the bottom 6

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
SOOOO stoked about this news.

Have a feeling Geno has one of his strongest seasons in a while next year.

Reactions: Zbynek

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
leave it to the Pittsburgh media to turn Geno signing his lifetime contract into a story about Sid.

Sid absolutely played a huge role here, but tonight (and tomorrow) should be about celebrating Geno
This might be one of those stories where Sid genuinely does deserve a lot of credit though.

If he brought Geno back to the table that's huge. I'm so relieved this saga of Pens hockey is going to end the right way instead of Mario/Jagr part two. Even if we don't win another cup or playoff series, that carries value to me.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
bhd9e0c.jpg

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Thank you by the way for keep a level head and saying all along that what you heard is this will get done, even if it goes to the wire.
my opinion of Geno would have truly soured if he left, simply because, to me, it would have meant he / his camp did a LOT of lying over the last couple of weeks, and I simply didn't believe that to be the case. He can get emotional in the moment, but in the end, his camp made it clear he wanted to stay. Once Hextall moved to 4 years, it made no sense to me why this would deteriorate.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If you watch the nightly Sports call tonight, which I'm sure a lot of you did oh, they were basically giving up themselves. Leave it to the local media to lead in the hysterics. They all ought to be ashamed of themselves. Journalist's my ass!

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Yep agree. And i'm sure by December a lot of people who were about to go after Hex for NOT signing Geno are going to be claiming how bad Hex is for signing these guys. :laugh:

Honestly I think the majority of us are on the same page. Great cool Penguins moment and i'll gladly by a ticket and watch those guys til their final day.

Oh I agree...........lot's of bookmarks these past few days

Reactions: ColePens

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This might be one of those stories where Sid genuinely does deserve a lot of credit though.

If he brought Geno back to the table that's huge. I'm so relieved this saga of Pens hockey is going to end the right way instead of Mario/Jagr part two. Even if we don't win another cup or playoff series, that carries value to me.
I'm obviously a huge Sid fan, and I want to read the story in a month, but for tonight, I think they should just make it about Geno. Sid's legacy will survive a month wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad