Malkin joins 300 Goals Club!

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin scored twice against the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday to reach 300 NHL goals.

"It feels good. It's a good number," Malkin said. "Against [Philadelphia], it's a big rivalry, very important we win tonight. [No.] 300 on my goal, to get us two points is very important. It's a good number, but I know I have more."

Malkin has five goals this season. The 30-year-old has played 653 NHL games after making his debut on

"It's great for Geno," coach MIke Sullivan said. "We're happy for him. He's a great player. He made some big plays for us tonight at key times. I thought his line was good. It's hard to score in this league, and so to score 300 goals is really a credit to him and how good he is as a player. We're thrilled for him."

Malkin is the sixth player to score 300 goals for the Penguins (Mario Lemieux, 690; Jaromir Jagr, 439; Sidney Crosby, 342; Jean Pronovost, 316; Rick Kehoe, 312). Of the 300, 24 have come against the Flyers.

"Those are ones when you're around it, you want to get it, and obviously for him now he's got it, he doesn't have to talk about it. He can move on," Crosby said of Malkin. "That's a lot of goals. Says a lot about what he's done here."

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Joins Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Kehoe, and Pronovost as players to have done so with the Penguins :handclap:

edit: Derp, completely missed the line in the OP including that factoid.

Last edited:

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
300 goals and nobody on HF seems to care?! It's almost like Malkin has become irrelevant after being in Crosby's shadow for so long... Member when Malkin used to win Art Rosses and be the most dominant player in the game? I member...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
197 players have 300 or more goals. Its an achievement but its not that special. Its like a guy hitting 300 HR's in MLB. Its an achievement but nothing to celebrate

Just look at some of the guys he is currently trailing

Oli Jokinen
Ulf Dahlen
Petr Klima
Martin Gelinas
Kevin Dineen
Wendall Clark

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
It's pretty crazy that he has less goals than Crosby, when I think we can all agree that Malkin is the better goal scorer.

Crosby has played more games than Malkin

710 vs 653

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
300 goals and nobody on HF seems to care?! It's almost like Malkin has become irrelevant after being in Crosby's shadow for so long... Member when Malkin used to win Art Rosses and be the most dominant player in the game? I member...

It's cause most posters are arguing as to whether the habs are contenders or not.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
malkinotter.gif

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
197 players have 300 or more goals. Its an achievement but its not that special. Its like a guy hitting 300 HR's in MLB. Its an achievement but nothing to celebrate

Oli Jokinen
Ulf Dahlen
Petr Klima
Martin Gelinas
Kevin Dineen
Wendall Clark

Cool, now tell me how many players have had 300 goals by the time they were 30.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Oli Jokinen
Ulf Dahlen
Petr Klima
Martin Gelinas
Kevin Dineen
Wendall Clark

They also played in a much different era of hockey. But nice try to take way from his accomplishment.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Oli Jokinen
Ulf Dahlen
Petr Klima
Martin Gelinas
Kevin Dineen
Wendall Clark

So nothing that Kane or Toews does matters because someone else has done it more often, right?

Please. 300 goals in 653 career games is most definitely noteworthy in the modern game.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Please. 300 goals in 653 career games is most definitely noteworthy in the modern game.

My thoughts, exactly.

Being near 0.5GPG over such a long period of time in a low scoring era is something just by itself. Add to that everything else Malkin is doing on the ice and you have a guy who can flat out dominate his peers. :handclap:

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013

Oli Jokinen
Ulf Dahlen
Petr Klima
Martin Gelinas
Kevin Dineen
Wendall Clark

Hey, don't put Olli Jokinen in there with all those other jobbers. Olli is the best Finish talent of all time and if it wasn't for all the adversities and setbacks he experienced during his career, he would've gone down as the best Finish player of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad