Malkin having a great 2019

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
He has 21 points in his last 14 games (today's current game counted).

He looks like a beast out there. This guy is something special when he is healthy, looks better than Crosby out there EDIT: OVER THE PAST THREE GAMES.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trade

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
If you think Malkin has been better than Crosby for pretty much any stretch of the entirety of this season, you’re not watching the games; including today. He had 10 minutes of okay play with one great play and a capitalization of a great chance, and 50 minutes of garbage. He’s tended to drift between bad and terrible over the last stretch you pointed out, despite the production. His little hissy fit against the Flyers cost us a game and would have lost us our second line C for 20 games if he had connected.

He played great yesterday and showed flashes of it today as well. He needs to keep it up and be several steps better in every aspect of the game for the Pens to have any chance in the playoffs.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Yeah, it’s not even remotely up for debate. Dude just invalidated the entire premise of his thread by demonstrating he has just been stat watching.

If you want the truth, I watched the Oiler's game, yesterday's game, today's game. So, if you want me to be CLEAR about it, I think Malkin has looked more dominant than Crosby, with Crosby himself looking GREAT, over the past three games.

You sure jumped on me didn't you?

Reactions: Smart Alek

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
If you want the truth, I watched the Oiler's game, yesterday's game, today's game. So, if you want me to be CLEAR about it, I think Malkin has looked more dominant than Crosby, with Crosby himself looking GREAT, over the past three games.

I guess so. I make comments on other teams I don’t watch regularly so I don’t have much to stand on.

I’ve just been pissed at Malkin for months. Watching him f*** around while Crosby drags the team by the ears, and then seeing someone suggest he’s better, really got to me.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I guess so. I make comments on other teams I don’t watch regularly so I don’t have much to stand on.

I’ve just been pissed at Malkin for months. Watching him **** around while Crosby drags the team by the ears, and then seeing someone suggest he’s better, really got to me.

I understand you, players will do that. I don't pretend to watch the majority of Pens games, but I for whatever reason recently have watched a bunch and I envy your team. Having to be frustrated at Malkin and pleased with Crosby is such a luxury I almost weep watching Minnesota.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I understand you, players will do that. I don't pretend to watch the majority of Pens games, but I for whatever reason recently have watched a bunch and I envy your team. Having to be frustrated at Malkin and pleased with Crosby is such a luxury I almost weep watching Minnesota.
You’re actually in a more secure playoff position than we are! :oops:

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
And before the past couple games, he had been playing fairly bad on the ice. Easy to look at points and say he was average but he truly wasn’t himself for the good part of the season.

Getting him and Kessel back and going is a reason the Penguins have been floundering. Hopefully today is the start of them turning back into themselves.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Malkin had been terrible for most of the games but produced points. There is a reason he’s like -20 on the season while being on a playoff team.

And before anyone trashes +/-, please only comment if you have watched PIT games. Malkin has looked lazy as hell.

Reactions: Madifer

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Didn't Crosby score a similar goal like that against the Rangers like 10 years ago?

Holy shit the resemblance of this goal is nearly identical...

Reactions: Ageless

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Excellent player, just needs to control his inner Kassian

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Malkin had been terrible for most of the games but produced points. There is a reason he’s like -20 on the season while being on a playoff team.

And before anyone trashes +/-, please only comment if you have watched PIT games. Malkin has looked lazy as hell.

I was just looking at that, pretty crazy given that the pens aren't a bad team at all. He has 6 games with a +/- or -3 or worse.

Still putting up a lot of points lately though so I guess some of it can be excused.

AJRAYMOND

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
The Penguins lost 4 of 5 when Malkin was out injured. He's taken over for Kunitz for some Pen fans as the new whipping boy. Yes his defense has been a little suspect this year but he and Phil Kessel have been on for a ton of empty net goals against and rarely get a shot at the empty net for. I'll tell you what though, he's the best player for the Pens on the power play and if you think the Pens are going anywhere without him........... you're out your mind.

Reactions: GreatGonzo

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Malkin is a f***ing loser compared to Crosby. Don't even dare mention them in the same sentence.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002

This is absolutely correct. For the past THREE games, Malkin decided to be the best player in the world again. How long will it last? 5 games? 10 games? The rest of the season? Nobody knows but him, and I imagine it's based on one or more factors the rest of the world will never be privy to.

It's simple to tell when he's been turned on... when he is, he doesn't skate, he gallops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad