Value of: Malgin to MTL

Bargainbin

1 FOR 1
Jun 17, 2017
So, barring any moves, you're thinking...

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Hoffman - Trochek - Bjugstad
Mamin - Borgstrom - Malgin
McGinn - McCann - Sceviour

... or thereabouts.
Ya pretty much spot on .it seems they like huberdeau with trocheck so switch Hoffman to the first. Vatrano had a good season when they got him so they might rotate him in on the fourth line .

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Malgin can play center or wing on the middle 6. he's also waiver exempt. He may not have anything left to prove at the AHL level, but the Panthers are much better off holding on to him and either playing him on the middle 6 or having him be the first call up from the AHL when someone gets hurt. Getting a 3rd round pick for a 21 year old is terrible asset management.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Another soft small winger. Exactly what MTL needs

Malgin can play center or wing on the middle 6. he's also waiver exempt. He may not have anything left to prove at the AHL level, but the Panthers are much better off holding on to him and either playing him on the middle 6 or having him be the first call up from the AHL when someone gets hurt. Getting a 3rd round pick for a 21 year old is terrible asset management.

Eh, he's at best a stopgap option at center if he's insulated by by Barkov. But the kid would probably have a rela tough time if yo threw him into the fire of playing up the middle in montreal.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
So, barring any moves, you're thinking...

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Hoffman - Trochek - Bjugstad
Mamin - Borgstrom - Malgin
McGinn - McCann - Sceviour

... or thereabouts.
They also traded for Vatrano last season who needs a spot in that lineup, plus I think they'd hope Tippett can earn a spot as well. I think Vatrano gets Mamin's spot on the 3rd line.

With the addition of Hoffman, the Panthers needs obviously have to shift to defense. From what I can see, they are loaded with RHD too that I would think they would be looking for a LHD. Maybe a much larger deal could work for both teams?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad