Recalled/Assigned: Malgin sent down to Springfield, re-called 11/26/17

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Malgin to Springfield

Good. Time for him to develop, get plenty of minutes and gain confidence. Should help Springfield too. Very happy to hear this.

Now, when do we give some playing time to Weegar and what do we do with Tippett?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
+1 on Good.

Get him more playing time, anywhere.

And just wait for when the (hopefully minor) injuries start to pop up down the road.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's easy to re-call Malgin when/if there's an injury, there's no point for him to just sit out games. Especially when he had a broken year last season.

Once Tippett gets sent back to juniors, they'll probably claim some warm body from waivers to sit in the pressbox.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I don´t see how or why he should confidence in the AHL. When you could play NHL lvl.
The only Point speak for it, that he get more Icetime and can play Hockey. But if Tippett step on the Eyes befor Malgin. I would scratch my Head and ask for a trade, cause that is a joke to the Player then.

And i he deserve better then playing AHL.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
First call up when their's an injury. Perfectly fine.

Would like to see Tippett get at least a game though.

I see this as a Problem, cause i expect they let Tippett play befor Malgin. Cause Tippett still is staying with the Team so no time Cap for a call up. Soemtimes the treatmen of Players in this Franchise is pretty low.

Does Tippet must go after 9 NHL Games or 9 Games played?? Cause Tippett miss already a lot of junior Games, so sending him back you could do this earlier.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
The rule is once a player plays in 10 games they burn a year off of their entry level contract or, put more directly, the first year of the contract is not deferred a year. So, Tippett would have to dress for those games.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The rule is once a player plays in 10 games they burn a year off of their entry level contract or, put more directly, the first year of the contract is not deferred a year. So, Tippett would have to dress for those games.
Yup, that's how I understand the wording as well. Player must PLAY 10 games or more. And it appears that the games can be littered throughout the season, e.g. One game a month. And player can practice with the squad. Having said that, I don't understand what the plan for Tippett is except that maybe they think NHL level practice is better for him than junior practice and games.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Keep him on the first line. He's got great chemistry with Barky and he plays his best hockey with them. Dadonov can be lend a scoring touch to the other lines.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Keep him on the first line. He's got great chemistry with Barky and he plays his best hockey with them. Dadonov can be lend a scoring touch to the other lines.

Malgin is in the same Situation, Trocheck was in his 1st Year. They have really a simular developing Way beside, europe and US way. But both must played a Year more in the AHL, cause there was no Room and Place on the first Team. Same Situation Malgin is, when everyone would be healthy, about his Age he is most thinkable candidate to be send down. better let him play Top Minutes in the AHL then less Minute in the NHL. Ask Trocheck, its only a matter of will how much energy you put in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad