Recalled/Assigned: Malgin recalled from Springfield

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yup his 4 goals last 8 games is killing us.. lol this board is a ****ig joke sometimes

5 goals in 32 games and the biggest defensive liability out there. Easy call for Rowe to reduce minutes. If Nick doesn't step up now, Malgin to the rescue then.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Better be for sgarbossa to move to 4th line so Thornton can sit.. only thing that makes sense...malgin between bjugstad and marchy could provide some offense.. cause outside of bjugstad that 3rd line has been aweful

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
5 goals in 32 games and the biggest defensive liability out there. Easy call for Rowe to reduce minutes. If Nick doesn't step up now, Malgin to the rescue then.

He was obviously playing through something earlier.. looks much better since his return and it's quite obvious... sgarbossa been irrelevant out there so has Thornton..

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
He was obviously playing through something earlier.. looks much better since his return and it's quite obvious... sgarbossa been irrelevant out there so has Thornton..

The only obvious thing is that he's been playing through a serious case of suck. And after 32 games, he still hasn't figured it out and the season is on the line. Nick has been given enough rope.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I think Sgarbossa heads back to Springfield as he is more a pure C where McKegg is better on the wing if they need him. He handles the puck well but is no threat to score. I think the play where he failed to tie up Brouwer was the coup de gras for Rowe. Hardly played after that. Other than March, that line is a defensive disaster. Malgin much better defensively. We'll see how he responds. I doubt Thornton sits. :)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I'm guessing trade
If that's the case and Nick is gone for someone like Perreault, I just hope it doesn't include a high draft pick. I think the Jets likely want a high draft pick along with Nick and they shouldn't give it up. It will come down to who blinks first before Wednesday. :)

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I've been more pleased with Thornton this yr vs what Bjugstad has done. Thornton has exceeded his role /salary this year. Bjugstad not close, Inj excuse out window when you see Huby play for eg on much more serious Inj.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
If that's the case and Nick is gone for someone like Perreault, I just hope it doesn't include a high draft pick. I think the Jets likely want a high draft pick along with Nick and they shouldn't give it up. It will come down to who blinks first before Wednesday. :)

With the way he's played this season we'd definitely be adding

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Jets need defense. They have the same weakness as Florida has.

(Perreault)- Scheifele- Laine
Ehlers- Little- Wheeler
Matthias- Lowry- Armia(shutdown line)
Dano- Petan- Copp
Connor- Roslovic- Tanev- Stafford.

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Jets need defense. They have the same weakness as Florida has.

(Perreault)- Scheifele- Laine
Ehlers- Little- Wheeler
Matthias- Lowry- Armia(shutdown line)
Dano- Petan- Copp
Connor- Roslovic- Tanev- Stafford.
He was just a name mentioned in the rumor mill and nothing definitive. Nick's name is being bandied about but I doubt there is a return unless we give him away or package him with a draft pick. It just boils down to whether anyone sees value. Sometimes a young guy just needs a change of scenery.:)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
This should be a good move.
With the third line being problematic, I was wondering if they were going to recall someone (Malgin/McCann/Hawlyruk) from the AHL. Malgin has the most points there since being sent down and as mentioned above he's good defensively... not to mention it could sparkle the team after the two losses. Sounds like a smart choice to me.
I wonder what that means for Sgarbossa - 4th line or out of the lineup?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
This should be a good move.
With the third line being problematic, I was wondering if they were going to recall someone (Malgin/McCann/Hawlyruk) from the AHL. Malgin has the most points there since being sent down and as mentioned above he's good defensively... not to mention it could sparkle the team after the two losses. Sounds like a smart choice to me.
I wonder what that means for Sgarbossa - 4th line or out of the lineup?

4th line.. he played his best with sceviour and Mac and Rowe liked him there... Thornton brings nothing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad