Confirmed with Link: Malcolm Subban(CHI G) to BUF for Future Considerations

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Kevyn tried to fill an inside straight here, with predictable results. It was worth a shot.

Feel bad for guys that just aren't quite good enough to be productive NHLers. They worked their entire lives for it. Good luck, Malcolm.
You think KA is folding on Subban already? He had 2 periods and looks to have had a short-term injury.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
You think KA is folding on Subban already? He had 2 periods and looks to have had a short-term injury.
I meant that Subban obviously has zero NHL future, and it's sad that his life-long dream lies just beyond his reach.

As far as KA is concerned, no, he won't be "folding on Subban" (assuming he's available to play) as long as Dell is the only alternative. The last thing I want to see is 6K shelled and sent back to Rochester with his tail between his legs.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
How many of those 6 goals would not have been scored on most NHL goalies. The only one, was the one between the legs, which is somewhat understandable because the wiff on the shot up close fakes out the body reaction. The other 5 were grade A opportunities in the prime scoring zone 15-29 feet out in front of the goaltender off passes from behind the net or sides, whre the goalie has to be back in the net defending the shot and cannot be out chalanging. This spot on the ice gives you the most open net to shoot at, and they were all unchallended good shots into the top corners, or off the pipe and in.

No goaltender will have success with our defense playing this poorly. We are not physical at all, and have gone back to the timid chase and watch style instead of the go get it and attach the player with the puck style. Until the team defense gets better, we are going to give up 4+ a night.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'll go out on a limb, I thought Subban looked pretty good. He had solid positioning, he was caught out once or twice. The lack of a defensive presence is just maddening. I can't get over Subban making a great save on Aho on the penalty kill and then watching Mitts, upright and slowly gliding towards the goal and Teuvo just flying by him to get the easy goal.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Sabres Goalie Clown Show 21-22 Tour - Sponsored by Terry Pegula and Kevin Adams
_kfwVexC6445umsnJEUOPLaUUB2SboXfQHoIniZexkY.jpg

Kramdaman

Apr 22, 2014
Rumor is Subban is in a walking boot so I’m not sure how short term the injury is, just FYI

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Aww crap. While he gave up 6 goals, he looked alot more competant than Dell between the pipes before he got hurt. Most of those goals are going in on any goalie in the league. We gave Carolina way too many quality chances to hang those goals on Subban.

Rumor is Subban is in a walking boot so I’m not sure how short term the injury is, just FYI

Reactions: brian_griffin

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'll go out on a limb, I thought Subban looked pretty good. He had solid positioning, he was caught out once or twice. The lack of a defensive presence is just maddening. I can't get over Subban making a great save on Aho on the penalty kill and then watching Mitts, upright and slowly gliding towards the goal and Teuvo just flying by him to get the easy goal.

Yeah, I'm kinda with you here. Subban's positioning was mostly just fine, which means that by and large, he'll make the saves he should. Compare that to Dell, Tokarski and Anderson who just look so jumpy in the net.

I would have liked to see him save one or two that he didn't.........but overall I was fine with his performance. Let's see what happens if we actually play defense in front of him.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
What in the hell does "a friendship goals" mean? It sounds idiotic but am I missing something here? Like a weird quote from Toy Story or something?
"Squad goals" for bridal parties on batchlorette weekends

"Snack goals" for families at Disney theme parks

etc.

I'm willing to try anything at this point, even if it's for marginal improvement or a placebo effect.
Agreed.

Sabres Goalie Clown Show 21-22 Tour - Sponsored by Terry Pegula and Kevin Adams
_kfwVexC6445umsnJEUOPLaUUB2SboXfQHoIniZexkY.jpg
That's a great picture. Loving the Victoriaville stick, too.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Malcolm Subban was drafted by Boston in 2012 in the first round, while Buffalo drafted Ullmark in the 6th round that year.

Who knew we would end up with each other's goalie?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad