Making the Cut 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Does anyone know or think there will be a second season of making the cut next year? If so can you throw out the some quality Canadian players that may/should tryout?

Can someone tell me what the rule on who is eligible? I know you can't have a pro contract? Does that include ECHL or CHL (guessing so).

I'd like to mentino Mike Stathopolous who played 5 years w/ the London Knights and score 90 points in the last 2 i think. He went UWO last year and was named to first all star team. He's not at UWO this year, does anyone know where he is this year?

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
please, NO!!!

The winners of this year are AHLers at best...

winners of a second year would probably be some that didn't make the cut this year.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I expect that Season 2 would be dependent on whether Bell or anybody else is willing to shoulder the sponsorship burden. It should be just a business decision on that basis, really, since there will always be players to fill the spots and it looks like the coaching staff and everybody really got a kick out of doing it.

It's strange, I had originally thought that without hockey, folks would flock to Making the Cut as kind of a substitute. Instead, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps too many people have just tuned hockey out, and are tuning MTC out with it.

One thing's for sure, if they want their sponsor to be really happy and they want to make any dents in the ratings, they will have to jazz the show up somehow, and make it more accessible and easy to follow. Right now, it's just a bit too chaotically presented for the casual viewer to really get into it, I believe.

Actually, the NHL, perhaps in some way through central scouting, should run a MTC-like camp in the summers anyway, totally independent of the reality show gimmick. It looks like a good little evaluation camp atmosphere for getting a look at some late bloomers and overlooked guys, and some people in the scouting/development community would probably appreciate it.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
Making The Cut 2 will depend on whether or not there is a NHL season next fall, the whole point of MTC is for the top 6 to try out with the Canadian NHL franchises. No season, means no training camp, no training camp means no Making The Cut 2. Atleast, that's the practical way of thinking about it.

Holly Gunning

Mar 9, 2002
out and about
Visit site
trahans99 said:
I'd like to mentino Mike Stathopolous who played 5 years w/ the London Knights and score 90 points in the last 2 i think. He went UWO last year and was named to first all star team. He's not at UWO this year, does anyone know where he is this year?
Stathopolous is under contract with the Chicago Wolves, and assigned to the league-leading ECHL Gwinnett Gladiators. He has 7 assists in 9 games and looks pretty good out there.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
HollyG said:
Stathopolous is under contract with the Chicago Wolves, and assigned to the league-leading ECHL Gwinnett Gladiators. He has 7 assists in 9 games and looks pretty good out there.

Oh really thats great to hear of him, I didn't know where he was. He was here at UWO last year but not this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad