Post-Game Talk: MAKING IT HARD ON YOURSELF EXHIBIT#237, 5-4(OT)vs MTL

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
They need to call Ed up. And play on the 2nd pair, not the 3rd. Stevie needs to wake up and move guys out to make room for this. Because defense is clearly our weakness. Can't always score 5 goals a game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
K
I think some people don’t realize how high scoring the league is.

And we are the highest scoring team at East.

1701646680407.png

Only Vancouver has scored more.

Reactions: raymond23

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
slightly off topic to start but will round it back up at the end.

I live in vegas and all I hear from these non-understanding of hockey minds here is that marchessault is god and does no wrong. I've hated marchessault for awhile and he really doesn't belong on their top line (IMO). He shoots the puck 50 times a night and that's why he scores but w.e.

Veleno reminds me of marchessault (not in the hating) because of his play. He really isn't the type of player you want in your top 6 unless your rebuilding, but dammit for some reason he always finds a way (this season) to make an impact wherever he is in the lineup. Hand up (gladly) I was wrong in pre-season about veleno. It was a good idea to keep him on the roster and not waived or scratched or whatever for kasper to get nhl minutes. I don't think Veleno is playing like a "gamechanger" out there, but he is doing what he needs to do to get his next contract at a significant raise from his current league minimum(?).

Then again, I just wouldn't be upset if we traded him in a package to upgrade the defense (hanifin) to a team that is going to need centers (calgary) after they trade their top guy at the deadline.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
That's pretty shocking tbh.
I don't think Wings fans remember what success looks like. Not every game is going 5-0. Even Lidstrom got beat and got scored on occasionally. Even those great teams had losses.

Success is bumping up a a few stats here and there and next thing you know you're scoring more than anyone else and you're in the playoffs even though your expectations might be total domination.

Even Lidstrom got beat and got scored on occasionally.

780B4C42-63AA-4D8D-887A-140130B8D50B.gif

slightly off topic to start but will round it back up at the end.

I live in vegas and all I hear from these non-understanding of hockey minds here is that marchessault is god and does no wrong. I've hated marchessault for awhile and he really doesn't belong on their top line (IMO). He shoots the puck 50 times a night and that's why he scores but w.e.

Veleno reminds me of marchessault (not in the hating) because of his play. He really isn't the type of player you want in your top 6 unless your rebuilding, but dammit for some reason he always finds a way (this season) to make an impact wherever he is in the lineup. Hand up (gladly) I was wrong in pre-season about veleno. It was a good idea to keep him on the roster and not waived or scratched or whatever for kasper to get nhl minutes. I don't think Veleno is playing like a "gamechanger" out there, but he is doing what he needs to do to get his next contract at a significant raise from his current league minimum(?).

Then again, I just wouldn't be upset if we traded him in a package to upgrade the defense (hanifin) to a team that is going to need centers (calgary) after they trade their top guy at the deadline.

He plays like Stevie likes it. I love that he moves his feet constantly and that he brings some beef to the table. Remember that goal against BOS earlier this year? He has the skill. And I think it will take some time to get him into a shooter mindset. He needs to stop passing up opportunities in the slot. I could stomach him as part of a Hanifin deal (starting to come around on the idea), but I’d much rather It be some of the vets who won’t be here anyway when we’re contending for the prize.

Totally disagree on Marchessault btw cause Cassidy is pretty clear what he wants in terms of combinations.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
View attachment 777593

He plays like Stevie likes it. I love that he moves his feet constantly and that he brings some beef to the table. Remember that goal against BOS earlier this year? He has the skill. And I think it will take some time to get him into a shooter mindset. He needs to stop passing up opportunities in the slot. I could stomach him as part of a Hanifin deal (starting to come around on the idea), but I’d much rather It be some of the vets who won’t be here anyway when we’re contending for the prize.

Totally disagree on Marchessault btw cause Cassidy is pretty clear what he wants in terms of combinations.
OCCASIONALLY

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
View attachment 777593

Would much rather have veleno than copp at this point and was not ready to say that at all all year since about last week or so. Would rather have copp in the trade vs veleno, but I don't think even calgary would do that tbh since veleno has more ceiling and is still young/cheap.

whatever on marchessault. I don't think I could ever be convinced based solely off of my hatred bias that I acknowledge. I admit, haven't watched a lot of vegas games (blackouts) but from previous years with deboer and gallant is what I would be referring to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad