Post-Game Talk: MAKING IT HARD ON YOURSELF EXHIBIT#237, 5-4(OT)vs MTL

Feels good, baby.

3 Stars
1 Spacegoat

I‘ll abstain. Fell asleep in the 2nd intermission. Probably for the better cuz we pissed away the lead in the 3rd AGAIN. Was hoping we put that crap to bed BUT…
E3968A43-2971-447A-AF87-D3C6F2FF27C6.gif

Oct 18, 2006
1. Veleno
2. DBC
3. Seider

HM: Rasmussen. Best game in…all season? He’s starting to find it again IMO.

SG: Petry

Reactions: RRhoads

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Man this is a toughy. In spite of the 3rd period collapse several players had a great game.

Walman
Seider
Debrincat

It's hard to leave off Raymond though. He carried the play nearly every shift. And Larkin had a strong game too.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Spacegoat - Ville NoGlove. 3 straight stinkers after the first one he gave up.

Not a game where I thought anyone had a really good night. Veleno had the best effort to me. Also, can we just waive Petry already? Guy had so many turnover/giveaways/bad plays tonight.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
1. Walman
Gamewinner and a extremely good PK shift while 5 on 3. And drew a penalty at the end of the shift.

2. Veleno
This guy has really earned those top line minutes. Drives the play on the top line.

3. Seider
Looked sharp. Settled down the play. Two apples

Scapegoat
19 giveaways. Only team that had more giveaways last night was Anaheim.

Trade Maatta, sit Petry, and bring up Edvinsson.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
1. Walman
Gamewinner and a extremely good PK shift while 5 on 3. And drew a penalty at the end of the shift.

2. Veleno
This guy has really earned those top line minutes. Drives the play on the top line.

3. Seider
Looked sharp. Settled down the play. Two apples

Scapegoat
19 giveaways. Only team that had more giveaways last night was Anaheim.

Trade Maatta, sit Petry, and bring up Edvinsson.
Why trade maatta? He’s one of the more solid d-men. Just trade reimer and bring up Ed

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Why trade maatta? He’s one of the more solid d-men. Just trade reimer and bring up Ed
He's the easiest defenseman to trade, and would be sitting anyway with Ed in the lineup, as Ed would come in on LD. Ghost moves to the right side. Chiarot has been better than Maatta this year.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
He's the easiest defenseman to trade, and would be sitting anyway with Ed in the lineup, as Ed would come in on LD. Ghost moves to the right side. Chiarot has been better than Maatta this year.
Has Holl thought? I don’t think so. You don’t need to move a D. To me you want 8D on your active roster. Reimer should be dealt.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Maatta is definitely in teams scouting reports because he’s being picked on constantly during entries. Guy just isn’t mobile enough to be more than a 5/6 on a good day. It’s too bad because he thinks the game well

The clearest improvement this team can make, besides adding Kane, is replacing Maatta with Edvinsson

Reactions: DatsDeking

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Maatta is definitely in teams scouting reports because he’s being picked on constantly during entries. Guy just isn’t mobile enough to be more than a 5/6 on a good day. It’s too bad because he thinks the game well

The clearest improvement this team can make, besides adding Kane, is replacing Maatta with Edvinsson
Yes, but I’d want Edvinsson to play and not be in the odd man out rotation which I think he may be.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Stars:
1. Walman. I've been waiting for him to have another chance to Griddy it up, and damn did it feel good.
2. DeBrincat. Congrats on career goal number 200!
3. Veleno. Pretty good game overall, and it's great to see him put one in the net as well!

Scapegoat:
I can't call out just one player for what happened. We just kinda fell asleep in the third period, tried to play protect, and yet again nearly got burned by said protect defense. Not good. Old habits die hard, and this is a habit that needs to be nuked from orbit (it's the only way to be sure).

Final thought: We got two points (even if it did come in OT to a team that reasonably shouldn't have been able to get back in it) and that's big considering how close the Atlantic really is. No team in the East is really out of it right now, not even the Sens. Gotta get those wins where we can, so just keep winning!

Reactions: jkutswings

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
Feels good, baby.

3 Stars
1 Spacegoat

I‘ll abstain. Fell asleep in the 2nd intermission. Probably for the better cuz we pissed away the lead in the 3rd AGAIN. Was hoping we put that crap to bed BUT…
No one need the result in the threat title, please, stop this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad