Making custom Calgary Flames hockey cards

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Shoot, that didn’t turn out how I wanted it to.

Here’s another try:

View attachment 76275

Those are sharp! Decent size allowing for a little blurb about the player, pertinent info, and a super clean design.. nicely done.

Edit: the only thing I can see missing would be the year on the front perhaps in white font similar to the team name and position. I can see it on the upper right hand corner on the front of that Hathaway card in particular.. other than that, I totally dig 'em!

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Not bad

I might change the border colour from black as it seems to disappear within the images, especially considering how often black appears in the photos (sweater, pants, etc)

Also (nitpicking) the square corners seem very.... powerpoint.

It’s VERY HARD to make hockey cards on powerpoint :laugh:

I’m trying to emulate the 09-10 UD set here, especially on the front.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Ok I'm not trying to be a dick, but I have a design background and there some serious issues that are driving me crazy.

Your black borders are way to thick, and should be set to 'hairline' for clean crisp lines.

Now the text.

Most people don't have a clue how to align text and use proper fonts for certain purposes.

On the back of the card, the top section should be aligned to the left, not right.

Lose the 'NHL Statistics' cuz we all know what we are looking at. Put the GP, G, A, etc at the top, never the bottom.

And for the copy (paragraph of text) don't type in capitals.

Sorry to critique but I thought you'd want to know.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ok I'm not trying to be a dick, but I have a design background and there some serious issues that are driving me crazy.

Your black borders are way to thick, and should be set to 'hairline' for clean crisp lines.

Now the text.

Most people don't have a clue how to align text and use proper fonts for certain purposes.

On the back of the card, the top section should be aligned to the left, not right.

Lose the 'NHL Statistics' cuz we all know what we are looking at. Put the GP, G, A, etc at the top, never the bottom.

And for the copy (paragraph of text) don't type in capitals.

Sorry to critique but I thought you'd want to know.
:laugh: I don't like them either and have bitten my tongue cause I didn't want to be mean, but thank you

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I don't mind them at all but the cards should have less of a "boxy" feel imo. Still, nice job!

It'll be cool to see how your cards three months from now will look

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad