Proposal: Make proposals to get Mathew and Brady Tkachuk on the same team

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Assuming Brady Tkachuk is available in the top 10

What trade proposals can Calgary make to those top 10 team to get Mathew and Brady together...

My proposal.

7OA
2019 2nd
Goldobin

To Van
Dougie Hamilton

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I say it every time one of these threads to bring brothers together that I thank the hockey gods for the Sutter Brothers playing before the internet or the sheer number of reunite threads could have killed the idea of the internet all together.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
If the biggest part of this thread is just to get Brady and Matthew to play together, the easier route would be both playing for Ottawa. Ottawa drafts Brady 4th overall and does some trade involving Stone's RFA rights for Matthew+

Reactions: DarthProbert

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Brady will go higher, 4-6. 7 would be a loooooonghsot
Wouldn’t be so sure. Matt is the 3rd best scoring forward for Calgary who still wants more scoring. And they have a great winger in Johnny hockey and a legit 1C in monahan.

If Brady produces like Matt do any of Montreal, Ott, Az or Detroit have the duo of gaudreau and monahan?

Habs have drouin and galegher. Is that enough?
Sens have white and brown. Not going to count stone and duchene until they sign.
Wings, have Larkin but who is their #2 guy? AA, Mantha, Svechnikov?
Coyotes make the most sense for Brady as they have Keller, Galchenyuk, Dvorak, Fischer, strome in the mix up front.

But if AZ doesn’t take Brady then he falls to 7 and depending on who is left he could still drop.

The tkachuks work best if they are your third best offensive forward. So, who has the scoring to be ahead of Brady?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Erik Karlsson
Colin White
Bobby Ryan

for

Dougie Hamilton
Matthew Tkachuk
Michael Stone
Troy Brouwer

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Erik Karlsson
Colin White
Bobby Ryan

for

Dougie Hamilton
Matthew Tkachuk
Michael Stone
Troy Brouwer

Stone and Brouwer are worth more than Ryan since Stone is useful and Brouwer's contract is shorter.

And we can't afford to lose 2 of our top 5 players to get one player, even of Karlsson's stature.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
If the biggest part of this thread is just to get Brady and Matthew to play together, the easier route would be both playing for Ottawa. Ottawa drafts Brady 4th overall and does some trade involving Stone's RFA rights for Matthew+
That would make sense as the core of a deal, although it would likely be one for one. Stone was putting up similar numbers at Tkachuk's age, except it was in the AHL instead of the NHL.

I don't think I'd personally do it, but the value is there.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
That would make sense as the core of a deal, although it would likely be one for one. Stone was putting up similar numbers at Tkachuk's age, except it was in the AHL instead of the NHL.

I don't think I'd personally do it, but the value is there.
Yeah, I didnt know how the deal would work out completely, because of the age difference. Stone is older, but despite missing around 20 games this year in a tumultuous situation I think he finished as PPG player. So statistically Stone is the better player, but with Matthew's age, potential, and already solid NHL production I didnt think it was too far off.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Since each team now has one half of a brother pairing, Ottawa can have the Stones and Calgary can have the Tkachuks. Fair deal all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad