Value of: Make a Trade with the Isles

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
I neglected to watch a lot of Jr this past season and went mostly on what I heard from other people. Life prevented me from watching as much as I typically do, though it didn't completely stop me.

All I kept hearing about Dobson in the playoffs was this kid was logging a ton of minutes, being noticable all over the ice and playing the left side to boot! The games I got to watch showed me a kid with supreme skating ability, passing and vision. Something we always knew he had. But, there were still amateur mistakes permeating his game.... mainly IMO because he was trying to play the left side. He constantly turned the puck over in his own zone because he was under pressure with the puck on his backhand. It's great that he's expanding his game by playing the left side, but not if it's going to cause him to fail. I hope LL has words with whoever his coaches are and gets assurances they play him in a proper way.

Similarly Wilde. We always knew he was a beast physically, strong skater and had gobs of offensive potential. These are all the same reasons he turned heads in Jr this year. It was always his defensive game, mainly his decision making that were called into question. I'm not sold he made any strides in that dept..... yet. But if you listen to the NYI board, these kids are ready for 9 games in the NHL for some people.

Conversely, anyone who is over the age of 21 and not currently an allstar is a busted draft pick. It's enough to make a man an alcoholic.
Preach brother Jester Preach!!!!!

Though in this case I'm more excited about these two kids than I have been anyone since.....I won't jinx them by saying but he was before Berard or Redden..... And that's why most are willing to move Leddy. But I just say let's not count our chickens......

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Preach brother Jester Preach!!!!!

Though in this case I'm more excited about these two kids than I have been anyone since.....I won't jinx them by saying but he was before Berard or Redden..... And that's why most are willing to move Leddy. But I just say let's not count our chickens......

I've got faith that the new NYI will do the right thing, develop these kids the right way and at least Dobson should be a top pairing D at some point.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
I've got faith that the new NYI will do the right thing, develop these kids the right way and at least Dobson should be a top pairing D at some point.
that would kill me if they didnt. At my age (61) I'm seriously just hoping that I get to see the arena open and the team finally on good footing. I'm not being greedy. I've had my turn in the 70's and 80's. I just want to be sure that they'll be here for some other kid....like Piferal and his child to enjoy.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
I can't believe it. 10Ducky10 Just posted this deal

Dobson and Leddy for Trouba and a 3rd

I told him I'd piss on his grave in response

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Frans Nielsen (1M retained) for Thomas Hickey + 2020 3rd

Hickey a dump, Nielsen useful but overpaid and aging. Same term length, Isles essentially get Nielsen at a 2.5M cap hit. Could replace Filpula if he goes elsewhere.
thats an interesting swap but I havent watched enough red wing games to note whether franz could play 3 c more effectively than a resigned Filppula --but I get that your taking Hickey off our hands in the proposal . I wouldnt want to add a 3rd 2020 either in case it limits offer sheet options

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad