Value of: Make a Trade with the Isles

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
:isles

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Are Komarov and Aho available and how much will they cost? There's also interest in Bellows.
What positions are the Islands looking for?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Isles fans, what’s the deal with your D? You have so many up and coming prospects, what’s the projected lineup for 19/20? I feel like you could cash in on Mayfield or Pelech.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles fans, what’s the deal with your D? You have so many up and coming prospects, what’s the projected lineup for 19/20? I feel like you could cash in on Mayfield or Pelech.

The problem is Mayfield and Pelech are on extremely team friendly deals and they provide stability on the bottom pair and can fill in up and down the defense. In a cap world it’s important to have these guys

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Are Komarov and Aho available and how much will they cost? There's also interest in Bellows.
What positions are the Islands looking for?
The Islanders need a top 6 scoring winger. Komarov is certainly available (a moderately priced wrist watch may do the trick)....Aho is available - most likely in a package deal on the basis of he alone probably won't bring back something that makes it worthwhile. I think the team thinks he's ready but there is no obvious spot for him right now. The thinking is that if Leddy gets moved for either a top 6 forward or a first round pick, Aho would ascend into his open spot.

Like Aho, Bellows is available in theory probably best to go in a package as he's not garnering a return that would make the Islanders want to trade him at this point.

Projected D is:

Pelech - Pulock
Leddy - Boychuk
Toews - Mayfield

Aho, Dobson and guys like Wotherspoon and Van Sompel are also knocking on the door and could be ready if given an opportunity. Wilde is a year or two away as well.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Ondrej Palat + 4th for Hickey + Calgary 2nd?

Both have 3 years left on thier deals, Palat makes 5.3 to Hickey 2.5. Islanders get a top 6 forward while Tampa sheds some cap, gets a 2nd and a decent depth defender.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
That's why we should trade Leddy

Why Leddy? Isn’t he in the top pairing? Or have other players surpassed him? I didn’t get to catch too many Isles games this past season (which sucks) and only knew more of the forward end than the defense.

Another off topic question: is Aho going to ever crack the big league? His AHL numbers are pretty good.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

You can have any Isles D-man you want, but here's the shopping list:

• Dobson - Part of a deal for a 1st line winger
  • Pulock - Very good 2nd line (maybe 1st) winger
  • Leddy - Good top 6 winger
  • Teows - Top-6 forward
  • Wilde - Part of a deal for a top 6 winger
  • Mayfield - 15-20 goal scorer
  • Aho - Top 9 forward/3rd line center
  • Pelech - top 9 forward
  • Hickey - McDavid (will not budge on this)

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'd suggest Conor Sheary, not sure if it will be interesting to the Islands.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
That's why we should trade Leddy
No we shouldn't Kev. There's no rush to move anyone didn't Pulock get 5 years of seasoning? Didn't Toews get 4, Wilde and Dobson have not had even one yet since they were drafted. You particularly know better. I get it we are excited. We love what we see. Trust me I am too. But there's no reason to jump off a cliff. We can trade leddy, not should. Can implies that there is a choice if one presents itself that is worth consideration. should implies something entirely different

Last edited:

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Why Leddy? Isn’t he in the top pairing? Or have other players surpassed him?

Another off topic question: is Aho going to ever crack the big league? His AHL numbers are pretty good.

Leddy would return a player in the top 6 forwards ranks. He’s (now) an excellent 2nd pairing who can play good first line minutes.

Dobson and Aho are candidates to replace him. Personally feel Aho should get a shot. He didn’t look bad in the train wreck 2017-2018 season. Probably would look very good now

To clarify a little, I do share drhockey’s opinion. Leddy can be traded if the return is right, he shouldn’t be moved just for the sake of moving him or to bring up a prospect.

He does have value, isn’t old and his salary is now pretty good for where he can slot in a D...so I can see him being moved

I liked the Palat proposed deal as well

Last edited:

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
Ondrej Palat + 4th for Hickey + Calgary 2nd?

Both have 3 years left on thier deals, Palat makes 5.3 to Hickey 2.5. Islanders get a top 6 forward while Tampa sheds some cap, gets a 2nd and a decent depth defender.
nah don't like it. Rather give Bellows an opportunity than take help tampa. Counter Palat for Hickey straight up need for need we take cap and Tampa gains it.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
nah don't like it. Rather give Bellows an opportunity than take help tampa. Counter Palat for Hickey straight up need for need we take cap and Tampa gains it.

That's not good for Tampa. We could just shop Palat around and get a much better return elsewhere. He'd be a good fit in Trotz system as a strong two way player. Hickey isn't really a need and we have several other players we can move to open cap space so we aren't taking a lesser deal.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
That's not good for Tampa. We could just shop Palat around and get a much better return elsewhere. He'd be a good fit in Trotz system as a strong two way player. Hickey isn't really a need and we have several other players we can move to open cap space so we aren't taking a lesser deal.
then id let tampa take care of their own cap

Palat simply isnt worth a second and eating $3 million in cap

not when I believe we could get equal production (8G 26 A) from Bellows or Dal Colle for the league minimum

Frankly at his level of production I see Palat strictly as a cap dump so why would I help Tampa get Karlsson for a player that truthfully doesnt help us

id much rather use our cap space to try and get Karlsson ourselves

Last edited:

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
The same Bellows that had a horrific first professional season is jumping into our top 6?

I’d take Palat. Even with the offensive drop off he’s still a much better all-around player than Bellows will probably be for the next couple of years
I wouldnt. palat couldnt score in tampa, in a much more open offensive context the last 2 years. his contract is at $5.3M for another 3 years, so he's strictly a cap dump.

is 8-10 goals (if we're lucky) worth $5.3 million for the next 3 years. I honestly dont think so

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
The same Bellows that had a horrific first professional season is jumping into our top 6?

I’d take Palat. Even with the offensive drop off he’s still a much better all-around player than Bellows will probably be for the next couple of years
Bellows as bad as he was last year, still had more goals than palat either of his last 2 season in a much more open Tampa offense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad