Proposal: Make a trade with Florida

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:panthers

Following the trend.

Florida's beat writer saying we have some pieces to offer up for a veteran stay at home defenseman, would need to be in the $3-4 million range. IF 13th overall is offered up and player has 2-3 years on deal, we may need some retention if adding two big name free agents
2019 1st - 13th overall
Mike Hoffman top 6 LW- 1 yr x $5.18 million (UFA RD/RD prospect + conditional 2nd may do it)
2019 2nd - 53rd overall
2020 2nd
Mark Pysyk
#4/5 RD- 1 yr x $2.73 million (2019 3rd)

Would be open to trading Heponiemi or Denisenko for a D prospect of similar value/age

James Reimer - 2 yr x $3.4 million (will retain $700k to 1 million and add two 3rd round picks, 2019 and 2020)

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
2019 1st (21st OA) for Hoffman?

Or Schultz for Hoffman?

Schultz isn’t a big stay at home defensemen but those guys are rarely traded. If you guys whiff on Trouba and don’t sign Myers I think Schultz is your next best option.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Is Trouba for 13th and Heponiemi a base for a trade that Florida would entertain? Or is it off?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Is Trouba for 13th and Heponiemi a base for a trade that Florida would entertain? Or is it off?
My guess is they don’t entertain that trade at all without an extension in place.

That’s a hefty price to pay for any rental, even if Trouba is talented.

If Trouba agrees to an extension I could see Florida coughing up 13 OA, 2019 2nd, and Heponiemi. I’m not a Florida fan tho just an outsider

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019

I think they absolutely do it if they have the extension in place. They’ll probably have to trade Matheson/yandle though, at least if they want to sign Panarin and Bob.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Trouba for Ekblad.

Lmao, no. #1 Ek ain’t available. B, Trouba doesn’t have that much value imo due to it being known that he wants out and his contract length.

What say you to Adam Larsson ?

Don’t know much about him other than he was part of a bad trade. What’s his probable value, game like, etc?

AVs offer:

2019-1st (16th)
Kerfoot
Barrie

For

2019-1st (13th)
Huberdeau
Reimer

Huberdeau isn’t available. It was speculation before at the deadline. Or, they were checking his value, but he went on to finish with 90 points. And we need a stay at home guy.

So, no.

Last edited:

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Lmao, no. #1 Ek ain’t available. B, Trouba doesn’t have that much value imo due to it being known that he wants out and his contract length.

Don’t know much about him other than he part of a bad trade. What’s his probable value, game like, etc?

Huberdeau isn’t available. It was speculation before at the deadline. Or, they were checking his value, but he went on to finish with 90 points. And we need a stay at home guy.

So, no.
He is a bruiser, good shut down d that will punish you in the corners, if you pair him with a d who can move the puck up ice, he will anchor the pair defensively. Not much offensive acumen but is sound defensively.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Ana:
-Lindholm
Fla:
-2-3 1st round picks + Heponiemi/Tippett + Noel + Reimer

Kings:
-Martinez
Fla:
-2020 1st and B Prospect

BJ’s:
-Seth Jones
Fla:
-2-3 1st round picks + Heponiemi/Tippett + Noel + Reimer

Wild:
-Spurgeon (pending reasonable extension)
Fla:
-13oa OR Heponiemi

Wild:
-Suter (pending approval) (25% retained)
Fla:
-13oa + Heponiemi + Reimer

Ari:
-Hjalmarsson
Fla:
-13oa OR Hoffman

Nsh:
-Ekholm
Fla:
-Hoffman + 13oa + Heponiemi/Tippett

Nsh:
-Josi (extension provided)
Fla:
-Hoffman + 13oa + Heponiemi/Tippett

Car:
-Pesce
Fla:
-Hoffman + 13oa

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How available is Borgstrom compared to Heponiemi? Which one is valued higher by Panthers fans?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Drop Barrie and Huberdeau from this deal (depending on who is available at #13 on draft day).

So you think the price to move from 16 to 13 is Kerfoot + taking a huge cap dump back? Are you OK?

Reactions: BernieParent

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Maybe David Savard for Hoffman + 53rd overall? Feel like Savard and Hoffman have relatively equal value, but the extra signed year of Savard (and slightly smaller cap hit) necessitates the late 2nd coming to CBJ. Would allow CBJ to recoup a draft pick and get a top-6 LW while giving up just one of the numerous solid defensemen we have.

Reactions: Joel Ward

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Pesce + Wallmark for Trocheck + Tippett

Now I'm sure both teams say no because they dont want to get rid of these core players, but as fan of both teams, I think it would make both better in the long run.

Panthers get top pair defensive dman on a steal of a deal and a middle 6 C to replace Trocheck until Borgström is ready.

Hurricanes receive right shot 2C and promising right shot goalscoring prospect.

Cap is even and I think it's fairly close value wise and fills big needs for both teams.

Reactions: klabob

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Maybe David Savard for Hoffman + 53rd overall? Feel like Savard and Hoffman have relatively equal value, but the extra signed year of Savard (and slightly smaller cap hit) necessitates the late 2nd coming to CBJ. Would allow CBJ to recoup a draft pick and get a top-6 LW while giving up just one of the numerous solid defensemen we have.

That seems entirely reasonable to me

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

I think if the Panthers whiff on Panarin, Trouba becomes a real possibility. Maybe they’d go Bobrovsky, Trouba, and shore up the bottom six. They would be committing ALOT of salary to their blueline though.

As far as the deal is concerned, if an extension is in place, it can work. I doubt Tallon moves Hepo though, after just getting him signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00