Value of: Make a Trade with Arizona

Masked Superstar

Jul 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
Matthews for Chychrun+ Hayton+14th oa 2019 +1st 2020
Matthews is a 11 million dollar player who will be getting paid 2 million in actual dollars and he is a hometown boy in a place where they need a superstar. You ask for and get at least 5 first rounders and 3 good prospects

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Buffalo needs depth at C, preferably with some grit. I know very little of the Arizona players. Our main surplus is small streaky goal scoring wingers and bottom pairing d.

First attempt at a depth move:
Connor Sheary for Nick Cousins.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
From an NYR perspective: I’d be willing to do build something around CK for OEL or Chychrun. Not much else interests me.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
From an NYR perspective: I’d be willing to do build something around CK for OEL or Chychrun. Not much else interests me.
If CK is your main piece you would have to add alot more for either of the 2. You guys deff have the pieces though to make a big deal like that. Both teams could be good trade partners.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
If CK is your main piece you would have to add alot more for either of the 2. You guys deff have the pieces though to make a big deal like that. Both teams could be good trade partners.

That’s what I figured.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Interested in Kreider but not for either of those pieces. No chance. Kreider needs an extension too before any deal can happen.

Reactions: CasusBelli

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Zona had injuries for sure this year but their replacement goalie had an absolutely incredible year, one Raanta would prolly not have done any better than also they have 0 top line players (maybe keller) they had 0 20 goal guys and 0 50 pt guys and it took the AVS winning 2 out of 22 games for zona to even get close to a playoff spot... I personally believe this roster is built to do nothing but compete for the 9th spot in the west

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Gives them Hayton who has the Soo Greyhound connection+ 2-1st picks+Chychrun who they could keep or trade. Main thing is cap space for leafs to spend on free agents.
You don't trade a generational goal scorer for cap space.... Matthews has the highest goals/60 of any player in the league since he came in and it's by a fair margin and if you change the stat to 5v5 goals his number get even better

ArizonaCoyotes19

May 28, 2008
Winnipeg
hockeylists.com
Zona had injuries for sure this year but their replacement goalie had an absolutely incredible year, one Raanta would prolly not have done any better than also they have 0 top line players (maybe keller) they had 0 20 goal guys and 0 50 pt guys and it took the AVS winning 2 out of 22 games for zona to even get close to a playoff spot... I personally believe this roster is built to do nothing but compete for the 9th spot in the west

I'm not sure what the Avs going on a 2-20 run has anything to do with the Yotes getting 86 points. Arizona may not have went on a lengthy losing streak like the Avs but they also had their fair share of slumps. It all adds up in the end.

Yes the Avs are a better team on paper, but unlike the Yotes, the Avs had more losses than wins.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
I'm not sure what the Avs going on a 2-20 run has anything to do with the Yotes getting 86 points. Arizona may not have went on a lengthy losing streak like the Avs but they also had their fair share of slumps. It all adds up in the end.

Yes the Avs are a better team on paper, but unlike the Yotes, the Avs had more losses than wins.
86 points doesn't make the playoffs in most seasons... 2 seasons ago you needed 95 points

Last edited:

ArizonaCoyotes19

May 28, 2008
Winnipeg
hockeylists.com
86 points doesn't make the playoffs in most seasons... 2 seasons ago you needed 95 points

Yes I am aware that 86 points doesn't normally get you into the playoffs. My point was that Colorado going on a 2-20 run has no correlation to the Yotes being close to a playoff spot or not.

What if Colorado went 15-7 on that run?
With your logic they would have finished 30 points ahead of AZ in standings.

What if Arizona went on a crazy 15
game win streak during the season?

You act like Colorado deserved to win those games.

Too many what ifs

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Hows Stepan doing? Down year, inuries, or is he getting a reduced role more regularly? I remeber him on the 4th line a few times we played the Coyotes.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Yes I am aware that 86 points doesn't normally get you into the playoffs. My point was that Colorado going on a 2-20 run has no correlation to the Yotes being close to a playoff spot or not.

What if Colorado went 15-7 on that run?
With your logic they would have finished 30 points ahead of AZ in standings.

What if Arizona went on a crazy 15
game win streak during the season?

You act like Colorado deserved to win those games.

Too many what ifs
Not saying they should have won them all just if they go 5-19 instead the yotes would have missed by 7 points... People keep acting like the yotes are a really deep with guys on every line that can score when in reality they have no one who can really score and they are gonna have a tough time being close to the playoffs next year even if they stay healthy

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
What a strange post. Yes, had the Avs won more games they would've had more points. Btw, no one's acting like the yotes have guys on every line that can score. On the contrary, everyone knows our lack of scoring is the reason we're at the bottom half of the standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad