Value of: Make a trade with 3 elite teams from the Atlantic (warning post 22)

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Make a trade with your favorite team with these elite teams that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract (TOR), flipping 7th rounders (TBL), whatever you deem necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future. ALL 3 WANT A CUP, so veterans and utility players are welcome. TOR and TBL with careful cap considerations.

:bruins:bolts:leafs

:welcome:
:punk:
:damnpc:

big
bigger
biggest
=
elite
eliter
elitist

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
So not getting out if the first round in over a decade now constitutes an elite team?

:sarcasm: I think a deal around Kadri and EJ from Colorado really would make sense but I dont think EJ ever agrees to waive for Toronto.

Toronto will eventually break through. They still have the foundation of a good team: forward depth, 1C/2C, starting goalie, a #1 D. Tampa are an excellent team, but not so successful when it comes to the playoffs. Boston are the team to beat in the playoffs and the regular season. They are very competative most years. You cannot say that the 3 teams I chose are chumps.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Toronto will eventually break through. They still have the foundation of a good team: forward depth, 1C/2C, starting goalie, a #1 D. Tampa are an excellent team, but not so successful when it comes to the playoffs. Boston are the team to beat in the playoffs and the regular season. They are very competative most years. You cannot say that the 3 teams I chose are chumps.
Yea if Marleau leaves the Leafs don't have a single forward over 29 years old and only 4 that are 25 or older (Tavares, Kadri, Hyman, Brown). This is still an extremely young team and their window is just starting to open.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
Yeah, a SCF appearance and 3 ECF appearances since 2015 defineltey isn't successful in the playoffs, not to mention beating your "team to beat" in the playoffs last year in 5 games.

Reactions: Shnooks

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not sure what the arguement is here...right now it's:
Tampa
Boston
Toronto

Things will probably change in the next few years, but as a Leafs fan, we still got work to do.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
There are no proposals here only people arguing who is elite in the Atlantic.

TBL, BOS, and TOR: are there any better teams than these three?! I really don't think so.

I need some freaking trade proposals now. K thanks.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, a SCF appearance and 3 ECF appearances since 2015 defineltey isn't successful in the playoffs, not to mention beating your "team to beat" in the playoffs last year in 5 games.

Sorry should have specified this season not so successful.

Jesus. I still put them in the elite list! What do you want?

Reactions: JAY7791

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Ottawa
Backes + 2020 1st

Boston
Smith

Boston saves $2.75 million in cap per year. Smith can play C or W, great on the PK and shut down line. Boston gets a younger physical player.

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
Ottawa
Backes + 2020 1st

Boston
Smith

Boston saves $2.75 million in cap per year. Smith can play C or W, great on the PK and shut down line. Boston gets a younger physical player.
As a neutral party this actually seems pretty decent. Maybe Boston adds something else but the base is there. Both have 2 years left, Backes has 2.8 million more against the cap, Sens have the space and want futures.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Kadri to Colorado for 16th pick+ 2nd rounder. Leafs trade 47th+53rd pick+Brown to Carolina for 36th+37th pick. Leafs lose Kadri+Brown+own 2nd rounder for 16th oa+36th+37th pick. Leafs then trade 36th+37th+Zaitsev to Ducks for 29th pick. Trade 16th+29th to Philly for 11th +41rd picks. Leafs gain 11 million+ in cap space+ 11th+41rd pick. They can sign Marner+Johnsson+Kapanen

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
To Anaheim - Patrick Marleau, 2020 2nd

To Toronto - RW Patrick Eaves (LTIR), F Devin Shore (buyout)

Shore's buyout cost is quite minimal due to his age, just 400k this year and next. The Leafs save Marleau's hit minus 400k in cap space, and give up only a 2nd to do so because the Ducks also save about half that amount in real dollars.

To Boston - RW Corey Perry

To Anaheim - RW David Backes

To be honest I have no idea whether either player would waive their NMC (Perry to the East makes some sense), nor whether Boston would have any interest in Perry. But anyway, the idea here is that the Ducks get the cheaper contract and player more suited for a checking type role, and Boston takes on the extra cap in hope of Perry significantly out producing Backes.

To Tampa Bay - LW Jack Kopacka

To Anaheim - C Mitchell Stephens

Not seeing anything major here so just went with a prospect swap. I'm unsure about the Bolts side but I know the Ducks are a lot more jammed up on the wings right now than down the middle.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Elite depends on how you define it, but the point of the thread is make trades with these three teams.....doesn’t matter if you think all three are elite or not........just made trade offers and stay on topic.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Unless Marleau was going with Kadri...the Leafs don't do that anyways.
Ya why would the leafs want a guy that would instantly be a top pair guy for them and the best RHD they've had in some time..... For anyone who's says he not top pair just remember that was Ron Hainsey's spot this season

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Toffoli and Martinez at 50% would help any of these teams.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
I see 2 elite teams and 1 with all the talent and hype in the world who just have to prove it (and let's not forget that they faced the east champs in the first round the past 2 years, give them at least a little credit).
This isn't true the leafs played Boston the last two years they played Washington three years ago and Washington was the east and cup champs last season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad