Proposal: Make a trade for Ryan Reaves

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
First off, this won’t happen most likely because McCrimmon is fixated on cornering the former Wheat King market but let’s say he was willing to part with him. What would his value be with his 1 year 2.75 million contract?

I believe the Penguins crazily gave up a 1st for him as if we were still in the 90’s a few years back. So how much has his value deteriorated since then?

Seems to me if you are a contending team, he could be an invaluable piece, bring your team a little something it might not otherwise have. So if you think he could help your team, what would your offer be?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If the Blues have the cap space for this year I’d be pretty happy if they traded a 3rd or 4th for him for this season.

Can see him being traded once most teams figure out their cap situations for this year.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
First off, this won’t happen most likely because McCrimmon is fixated on cornering the former Wheat King market but let’s say he was willing to part with him. What would his value be with his 1 year 2.75 million contract?

I believe the Penguins crazily gave up a 1st for him as if we were still in the 90’s a few years back. So how much has his value deteriorated since then?

Seems to me if you are a contending team, he could be an invaluable piece, bring your team a little something it might not otherwise have. So if you think he could help your team, what would your offer be?
Actually penguin Gave up a first and Oscar sundqvuist

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I would love to have him in Dallas, we have lacked a true tough guy in quite some time.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Minimal value here......maybe he gets a 3rd, maybe thrown with a + in to get rid of Clarkson.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Everyone keeps including Gusev, Tuch, Theodore to move cap. Such a pipe dream.

Like above, instead waive Reaves, don’t trade Tuch. Come out ahead.
What do you see happening with this waiver option, pray tell? Who claims Reaves?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I Don't see anyone folding and helping cap bound teams too much. I think Vegas will have to add to Reaves to get a taker. Not because of him, but more the teams with cap space to spare are all playing musical chairs waiting for a desperate GM to make a dummy move out of necessity. Not quite the Marleau deal, but something to that effect. Lesser cap hit, lesser return. I would take him on the Rangers if you sweetened the pot and didnt expect much back.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
You really think no GM will put a claim on Reaves for 1 year?
With so many teams Cap Situation in flux, I don’t think it’s nearly as assured as you seem to think.

Reaves is $2.75M and undeniably a flawed, niche player. My team, the Capitals, will lose a much better player than Reaves (Brett Connolly) for not much more than that because they simply can not afford him. We just qualified a much better player in Andre Burakovsky for a little over $3M and most fans are not happy with that expenditure. With the impending Cap Crunch Reaves value is going down by the day.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
With so many teams Cap Situation in flux, I don’t think it’s nearly as assured as you seem to think.

Plenty of teams have space if they really wanted him for free.

As well, VGK has talent they can move with value. They don't need to dump Tuch, Gusev, Theodore to get space.

Clarkson as well isn't Marleau. Marleau cost over 4 million in cash. Clarkson is about 450k~. That matters a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad