Proposal: Make a deal? (Flames-Islanders-Habs)

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:isles

Tomas Plekanec
Sven Andrighetto

:habs

Ryan Strome (draft rank status is starting to fade)
Anders Lee

(Both players are struggling hard and need to be protected for Vegas. For every game I've watched, Capuano is a god awful coach). Apparently (Isles fans on here) would like to upgrade 2C.

Then (more of a deadline deal)

:flames

1st 2017
Nikita Scherbak
David Desharnais

Mickael Backlund
Michael Ferland

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Both are terrible for the other teams. I don't think Isles would trade either of those players alone for that package. Flames have no reason to trade Ferland and Backlund for prospects and a cap dump.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If only we could get rid of pleks and receive that, if only.
Habs are not dealing Shcerback for those players regardless of value

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I thought Andrighetto passing unclaimed through waivers was the end of Habs fans insisting he totally had trade value and other teams are totally interested in trading better players for him.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
No from Flames. Backlund and Ferland packaged together are worth more than a late 1st and a pretty good but not great prospect. Not to mention adding DD as a cap dump lowers the trade value from Montreal's side.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
First deal would be refused by the Isles and accepted by the Habs.
Second deal would be refused by the Habs and apparently refused by the Flames (though I think the value favours them).

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

Tomas Plekanec
Sven Andrighetto

Anders Lee

(Both players are struggling hard and need to be protected for Vegas. For every game I've watched, Capuano is a god awful coach). Apparently (Isles fans on here) would like to upgrade 2C.

1st 2017
Nikita Scherbak
David Desharnais

Mickael Backlund
Michael Ferland

The premise seems alright, but the value is off. Montreal needs to add a bit IMO.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The Flames are not trading Backlund with how he's played the last few years. Nor do they want anything to do with Desharnias; seriously stop forcing him on every team.

As for Ferland, he fills a need. The only way he's traded is as part of a package for someone like Gallagher.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Montreal says yes, other teams laugh and hang up.

the first one is really bad value, strome alone for plekanec and ghetto would be closer (not even sure the isles would accept that)

the habs don't touch the secound one, not trading away their 2nd best prospect and a first for 2 3rd liners

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I see literally no reason that Backlund would ever be traded. More likely to be signed very long term and kept as our 2/3C and just general awesome player.

He and Ferland are worth more to our team than random futures and a cap dump, regardless of actual market value.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'd pass. Not that big of a fan of Sherbak, and DD is trash. Late 1st isn't enough to pull Backlund and Ferland.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I see literally no reason that Backlund would ever be traded. More likely to be signed very long term and kept as our 2/3C and just general awesome player.

He and Ferland are worth more to our team than random futures and a cap dump, regardless of actual market value.

Literally?

If the Flames sign him long term, they made a big mistake.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

Tomas Plekanec
Sven Andrighetto

Anders Lee

Islanders laugh at this deal and hang up phone.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Haha this is a great way to start the day. A laugh is always nice.

Drafted in 2007, a career total of 175 points and 72 goals before the start of the season.

At most, he's a third liner. Teams need third liners though. If he signs with Calgary when his contract is up, how much do you think he gets and what term?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Tomas Plekanec
Sven Andrighetto

Anders Lee

1st 2017
Nikita Scherbak
David Desharnais

Mickael Backlund
Michael Ferland

A 1st and your top forward prospect for Mickael Backlund?
Haha, doooo it!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

I must be thinking of another Ferland because there is no way you're talking about the guy who is in the NHL's alcohol-abuse program, went to court for assault for a bar fight (was acquitted - he got punched first) and has a career-high of 18 points.

That's the guy that's worth more than futures?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto

Tomas Plekanec
Sven Andrighetto

Anders Lee

1st 2017
Nikita Scherbak
David Desharnais

Mickael Backlund
Michael Ferland

Please stop, as most have pointed out these are terrible and I mean terrible for the other team.

Nobody wants Diamond Dave

MB was an idiot for handing out a two year 6 million dollar a year contract to Plekanic before the summer. Look he is a good player but it could have waited and likely got him or a comparable at the same price or less. He will be exposed in the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00