Makar/Fox vs. Dahlin/Seider

Who puts up more points and wins more Norris trophies?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
What a dumb poll... are you really trying to bring down Seider by comparing him to elite NHL defencemen? doesnt take away from the great prospect he is.

obviously option A. i think Fox is, and will be the best out of all of them.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Fox and Makar are very arguably the 2 best defenseman in the league and they're 23 and 22. So them.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
It would be an argument if there was a causal connection and if it would be due to Seider's (in)abilities, but it isn't. If you insist that 'isn't playing in the NHL' is an argument, you would need to prove that this is due to the fact that a player is too bad, which is clearly not the case with Seider. Seider didn't get the chance to prove his abilities hence the reasons don't have anything to with the actual content and topic of the argument.

'xy is stupid because he didn't study at an Ivy League college' would be a legit argument only if you could prove the correlation between Ivy League -> smart, no Ivy League -> stupid and if one would be able to exclude the possibility of factors like health and wealth having an impact. Ivy-Leaguers neither are automatically smart, nor are non-Ivy Leaguers automatically stupid, and the huge importance of health and wealth to study there are obviously existent -- hence the argument is invalid.

'xy doesn't play in the NHL, hence he can't be as good as a player in the NHL' would only be a legit argument if:
NHL -> very good, non-NHL -> never as good, and other factors could be excluded. We can all agree that NHL -> very good, but the argument would already crumble at non-NHL -> not as good (idk if you are a Ranger, but remember that boy Panarin?). But even if this was the case, you still would need to exlude other factors, which are clearly the reason why Seider isn't in the NHL, which are: age and a global pandemic.

Again, Fox is a fantastic player, even defensively, all of the named are, and he will probably outscore Seider.
But if you consider defensive abilities and leadership as a quality for Norris-contestants, I will say that Seider's chances are just as high as his.
That's a lot of words that say nothing.
We have seen far too many prospects excel in their leagues prior entering the NHL, only to either fizzle, or not live up to expectations. That is the bottom line. Fox is a leader in so many fancy defensive stats, all while leading NHL D in scoring. Yet, we are supposed to play mental gymnastics to project a kid, not even in the NHL, as just as good as, objectively, a top 2 D in the NHL. That's too large a leap for me.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
That's a lot of words that say nothing.
We have seen far too many prospects excel in their leagues prior entering the NHL, only to either fizzle, or not live up to expectations. That is the bottom line. Fox is a leader in so many fancy defensive stats, all while leading NHL D in scoring. Yet, we are supposed to play mental gymnastics to project a kid, not even in the NHL, as just as good as, objectively, a top 2 D in the NHL. That's too large a leap for me.

Projections are silly to begin with. Nobody knows. Nobody predicted Makar would be this good given that he went #4 and three teams passed on him. Nobody projected Fox , a third round pick, was going to be this good. Even when he was traded he wasn't the centerpiece of the deal.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I don't understand this poll at all. Seider doesn't belong here at all.

Not to mentioned it'd be significantly closer if it was Makar/Seider vs Fox/Dahlin, that'd be a better poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad