Makar-Fox or Heiskanen-McAvoy for a playoff run

Which pair do you take for a Cup run?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Makar and Fox, both widely considered top 5 dmen already and expect to be racking in Norris trophies for the next decade
OR
Their draft year defensive minded counterparts, Heiskanen and McAvoy, who have already led teams to the Stanley Cup Finals

Which pair would you take?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I`d like to see the team infront of the before voting. On the defensive end its probably Heisk-McAvoy. I have both better defending than Makar. But offensively Makar/Fox are a lot better so have to go with them. Fox is also best all-around.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Heiskanen and McAvoy are elite, but c’mon. Fox won the Norris last year, Makar is the betting favourite for the Norris and Fox is the second favourite...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Think splitting up Makar-Fox in this poll would lead to much better results lol

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I’d like to see Makar & Heiskanen vs Fox & McAvoy poll. Fox and Makar are the two best and McAvoy vs. Heiskanen would be close i bet.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The answer is Makar-Fox, but devils advocate incoming.

Fox would be worse playing with Makar. IRL, Fox is paired with steady guys like Lindgren that allow him to get more aggressive in the offensive zone. In playing with Makar, Fox would be the guy that would be forced to play a bit more conservative, which really takes away some of his best skill in relation to the other three in this poll: his play making ability with the pass in the offensive zone.

McAvoy and Miro, in contrast, would both be MORE able to jump up into the offense knowing they have an elite defender that can skate backing them up.

McAvoy and Miro would be better together, and Fox would likely be worse (I don't think it would really change much for Makar). Enough to change my vote? No. But, worth noting.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
You put 1 and 2 in the same pairing

maybe
Heiskanen - Makar
Fox - McAvoy

these might get closer results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad