Major trophy wins for leafs forwards

Do either Mathews, Tavares, or Marner win a trophy?

• Total voters

ThomasG

Hockey is simulated in a computer program
Jul 22, 2017
Vancouver
Simple question:
The Leafs currently have the 3rd, 4th, and 5th highest paid forwards in Matthews, Tavares, and Marner. Do any of them win a major trophy (Hart,Lindsay, Art Ross, Rocket, and Selke) while on their current contracts?

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Matthews will probably win a rocket, that’s about it though. Good use of 33 million if you ask me.

Reactions: Morrison

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Matthews will definitely win a couple Rockets. Don’t see any other awards coming but that still warrants a yes for OPs poll.

Reactions: Morrison

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Eh, I won't vote but Matthews has a very good chance for rocket. For JT there's no slow-ass-shit player trophy.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I can see Matthews winning at least a rocket, with a good chance for more. Marner and Tavares won't win anything

Matthews will win a Rocket at some point. I think Marner's got an outside shot at an Art Ross if he has one of those season where he racks up a bunch of secondary assists to go along with his primaries.

Tavares, no. He might break 90 points at least one time though. :sarcasm:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Matthews will win multiple Richards and I could see him taking home a Hart in the right circumstances.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Could see Matthews win a rocket at some point but that's probably it.. I dont see any of the other players have it in them to win any other major award.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Id be shocked not to see Matthews win at least 1 rocket.

But if we dont count those - the next best bet is probably a smythe tbh. Leafs have core that can compete - and if they do win odds are one of those guys gets the smythe.

The only other realistic option would be a hart for matthews, off of his goal scoring. But so much competition its a long shot

Marner could win a ross in a perfect storm of a season where top players around league have injuries and miss time - but i doubt this happens. I could see him place top 5-10 scorer a few times at best

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Matthews will win something eventually, maybe even this season. Rocket most likely, but i could see him winning a Hart trophy if things break the right way in a season.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It might actually be in the Leafs best interest if Tavares dedicates the rest of his career to being the best two-way C he can and be in the Selke conversation the next 3-4 seasons. Having Matthews, Marner, Nylander doing their thing on offense and Tavares being a 70 pt, elite shutdown, possession driving, center would do wonders.

I'd be very surprised if Matthews doesn't win a Rocket or two.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
There is no guarantee of anything. Matthews Probably wins a rocket at some point, but you never know. Lots of young goal scorers flame out. This season could be the first of many chances, or it could be his last best chance.

These guys do have a media advantage for the subjective trophies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Seems like a pretty obvious 'Yes' if you're being honest.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I would be surprised if Matthews doesn't win a Rocket at least once. The others I don't see winning anything.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I heard the PWHA avoids voting for Leafs, due to this perceived bias.
In fact this is a detriment, not an advantage.

Team trophy FTW!

Eh, after seeing what the Canadian media has done for Price (next Hasek), Toews (better than Malkin), and Crosby (good at defense lol), I very much doubt that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad