Recalled/Assigned: Magnus Hellberg / Chris Summers (Skjei assigned to Hartford)

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Trade girardi or staal please. So we have more than 90k in cap room. How do we expect to sign anyone or resign anyone when we have no money? And then the cap is problem going to go down. The Looney is dropping and if this new US budget bill gets passed. The Looney will plummet. They rely on oil exports and this bill allows US companies to export us oil. And simple economics shows that increase in supply will drive down the price of oil even further.

One of them, preferably BOTH, has/have to go.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Gotta imagine Stepan plays either tonight or Sunday then. They could have put him on LTIR which would have made him eligible to return Tuesday at the earliest and cleared enough space just to recall Hellberg.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's hysterical how hysterical some people can be.

Teams that are near the cap ceiling when they run into injury problems tend to have issues like the ones the Rangers are having right now.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He was only sent down because of the $.

He might not be the solution, but getting him some NHL time was not the problem, either.

this^

We're literally counting pennies because our cap is so screwed up
... and this^.

Can we please recognize now it is in the natural order of things for there to be a turnover cycle and start moving vets?

Summers is absolutely atrocious.
I fear you are right, but hoping he has developed enough to turn into a tradeable asset

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
It's hysterical how hysterical some people can be.

Teams that are near the cap ceiling when they run into injury problems tend to have issues like the ones the Rangers are having right now.

Yea basically this. If we were 5M below the cap people would just complain that we have leftover money and should have signed more players. Girardi/Staal aren't an excuse here either as if we didn't have them and had cheaper guys we almost certainly would have spent money differently in the offseason and still been close to the cap. The front office can never win.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Summers is ****ing garbage and I hate that I have to watch him attempt to play hockey again.

And Glass is still on the roster LOL

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Gorton gambled by not putting Stepan on LTIR, hoping he'd be back sooner. It caused us to move players around to get Hellberg up.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Not if he is playing tonight, no.

He could still play Sunday. Earliest he'd be eligible to return is Tuesday if he's placed on LTIR now. It doesn't matter when you place him on LTIR because it doesn't save you cap space. All it does is allow you to go over the cap by the amount of his cap hit as long as he's on LTIR.

They must think he's either playing tonight or Sunday because Stepan + Summers > Skjei + no Stepan for a game or two.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He could still play Sunday. Earliest he'd be eligible to return is Tuesday if he's placed on LTIR now. It doesn't matter when you place him on LTIR because it doesn't save you cap space. All it does is allow you to go over the cap by the amount of his cap hit as long as he's on LTIR.

They must think he's either playing tonight or Sunday because Stepan + Summers > Skjei + no Stepan for a game or two.

I know how the cap works in terms of LTIR and cap relief. Just saying we had to go through this because Stepan was not on LTIR. If this was done to have him back in the line-up sooner, I fully agree with what Gorton did. If not, it was a gamble that didn't pay off.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Klein will be placed on retroactive LTIR for evident cap reasons as he now qualifies
Will Lighten up the cap a bit
Hopefully we see a minor trade and Banish Glass to Gernander
That is all I want Santa

ThatsNashty61*

Klein will be placed on retroactive LTIR for evident cap reasons as he now qualifies
Will Lighten up the cap a bit
Hopefully we see a minor trade and Banish Glass to Gernander
That is all I want Santa

100% this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad