Magic (team) made $50k political donation. Players state it does not represent them

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Suggest that team make it clear that even though players/employees worked to make the $$ to allow payment to be made, this donation does not represent (all) the players/employees.
the owner could have very easily just made the donation under their own name. But clearly wanted it to be from the team and for such a relatively small amount too….

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm confused, is this the first time they've done that? This article shows the owner has donated a LOT of money to Republican PACs before. It doesn't really touch on if it's under his name, or if it's under the team's name.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'm confused, is this the first time they've done that? This article shows the owner has donated a LOT of money to Republican PACs before. It doesn't really touch on if it's under his name, or if it's under the team's name.

My guess is previous payments from personal accounts.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So, they pissed off their players by donating to a guy that's somehow made complementary statements about slavery and they angered their fans that statistically overwhelmingly don't like him as a POTUS candidate (either for other GOP candidates or for Biden)?

Pretty dumb unforced error by the owners.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
So, they pissed off their players by donating to a guy that's somehow made complementary statements about slavery and they angered their fans that statistically overwhelmingly don't like him as a POTUS candidate (either for other GOP candidates or for Biden)?

Pretty dumb unforced error by the owners.
DeSantis has NEVER made one complementary statement about Slavery. That is a huge lie being spread by the Media

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don’t believe we’re going to be able to keep this thread focused on the business angle.

Closed. Before it devolves further into politics.

Reactions: LadyStanley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad