Confirmed with Link: MacTavish media availability today at 11am

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Probably will give us the list of players he wants to get rid of, the ones he isn't sure are good and will be watching closely, and the ones he wants to trade for and sign as UFAs this offseason. It will be a bold showing of transparency for the great fans of Edmonton.

Oilerz

May 10, 2005
River City. E-Town
Probably will give us the list of players he wants to get rid of, the ones he isn't sure are good and will be watching closely, and the ones he wants to trade for and sign as UFAs this offseason. It will be a bold showing of transparency for the great fans of Edmonton.

I hope he doesn't say too much specific, or give other GM's too much info that he limit's what he can get done. Even though I suppose most GMS know each other weaknesses.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He will announce that they signed Tambo to a one day contract as a Draft Lottery Consultant.

DarksideGhost

Apr 9, 2014
Edmonton
He will announce that they signed Tambo to a one day contract as a Draft Lottery Consultant.

ghjghjjggjfgj.jpg

:laugh:

Melt down hfboards lol!

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
I'm expecting some "stay the course" and "saw good things" and "improved throughout the year" kind of statements.. but if anything interesting happens if someone listening could transcribe it that would be appreciated :)

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
im willing to bet MacT uses one word that makes 78% of HFOil google it to see what it means and then uses it over and over again throughout the offseason

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
"Taylor Hall has demanded a trade to Calgary, in return we have the even better franchise pillar in Mark Jankowski, who is 8 years away from being the best player from the 2012 NHL draft. you wanted bold moves, and I delivered

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
"Taylor Hall has demanded a trade to Calgary, in return we have the even better franchise pillar in Mark Jankowski, who is 8 years away from being the best player from the 2012 NHL draft. you wanted bold moves, and I delivered

And if we follow the strings, Jay Feaster has replaced Mac-T with a Mac-T lifesize puppet :laugh:

Feaster!

Edit: For those who want to listen online http://player.630ched.com/#play

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Sweet. Our GM makes moves to try to win the cup. How many teams can say that? :sarcasm:

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
More confident in Eakins now than the day he hired him. Will be talking with Dallas about the rest of the coaching staff, but senses he has the right people

Just summing that section up

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
From listening to MacT... he wants a "very high end dman" and won't be going for something "in the middle" or "middle of the road".

So reading between the lines... he wants a true #1 guy ONLY (or true top pairing I assume) and is willing to go with the Oilers youth for the rest of their D.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Wants a high end defenseman, won't add anything middling on the blueline, Seeing the developing Defensemen have success there's optimism there "If they have to go Young, they go young"

Not saying I'm for it, but yeah

He also said, he has to weight his options, but "Not doing anything Stupid" Doesn't want to add middle of the road guys.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
"I won't be adding anything in the middle"

At first I thought he was talking about centermen, but now it sounds more like he's talking about adding "middle of the road" dmen. He either wants a very high end dman like every other team wants, or he'll stand pat with the emerging youth on the blue line.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
From listening to MacT... he wants a "very high end dman" and won't be going for something "in the middle" or "middle of the road".

So reading between the lines... he wants a true #1 guy ONLY and is willing to go with the Oilers youth for the rest of their D.

Beat me to it, lol, So Andrei Markov is high on their list if UFAs, if I had to read between the lines.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

So reading between the lines... he wants a true #1 guy ONLY and is willing to go with the Oilers youth for the rest of their D.

So whale hunting season begins.

All the coaches will be returning for sure. Nothing but praise for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad