mact FIRED thread version 1--ALL ABOARD THE SACKED MAC EXPRESS

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Slow learner or do you just have a high tolerance for piss poor performance? :sarcasm: :naughty:

I had faith until he openly lies in the presser. The Petry deal's return does not bother me--a second was what being offered by other teams--if what I heard was true--but the oilers should have signed him and I do not like the reasons why they did not sign him

But the presser

points he lied about or just proved he is an idiot

1) Petry wanted a long term deal--oilers were nowhere near 4mill a season--oilers were at --number I got from an agent (does not represent Petry) was it was between 3 to 3.5-- but when oilers signed Nikien for 4.5 and then still lowballed Petry--damage was done and what happened was always going to happen
2) Nikiten coming to camp out of shape? WTF is that. Mact does not challange him in the presser--but tries to tell everyone a guy who can not play more the 18minutes a game is a top 4 d-man? He was a healthy scratch on a bad D last year.

Ranford#30

Oct 21, 2005
I'm all aboard. His press conference after the trade deadline was absurd. I think Lowetide summed it best in his post today:

"I believe Craig MacTavish is a good man. I know he was a helluva hockey player and a very good coach and in that role he taught me a tremendous amount about the game... MacT was a very good coach, underrated I’d say by history. He is not a good general manager."

Rambo didn't say squat and MacT says waaaayyyyy too much. Hopefully the massive audit gives Nicholson carte Blanche to gut the management team and scouting. not sure who the right replacement(s) would be, but gotta be better than this sad-sack group of management.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
I hate saying someone should be fired but unfortunately the Oilers need a house cleaning. Lowe, MacT, Howson all have to go.

We are the biggest joke in the NHL. For that reason alone, the management team needs to be purged.

Ranford#30

Oct 21, 2005
MacT has managed to become more despised than Tambo in a fraction of the time. Impressive.

That is pretty damned telling. Tambo was charged with getting draft picks to help re-build the main club. There are certainly many questionable picks, but looks like he deferred mostly to his scouting staff. There's some nice picks in his tenure too, but the development had been spotty. All of this has been discussed at length, but really, Tambo didn't do that bad of a job in comparison to MacT.

Time for some new blood. Plain and simple.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Geez. JTS is on fire with these threads. I guess you've had enough by now.

Crank the speakers and play this, might make you feel better. :D

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Geez. JTS is on fire with these threads. I guess you've had enough by now.

Crank the speakers and play this, might make you feel better. :D

The Presser broke me--I am still at a loss (fill in joke here) to find the words to describe just what my reaction was to the Presser---he does not have a clue--we are either year 8 or 5 of rebuild and we are at 29th overall and things are not getting better--they are getting darker

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
MacT has managed to become more despised than Tambo in a fraction of the time. Impressive.
The only reason that is true is because most of this board was lapping up the oil change for the first three years of Tamby's tenure.
Its ridiculous for people to suggest that MacT is worse than Tamby.
Tamby had no managerial ability whatsoever and was a hand picked stooge for the tank.
I'm not pleased with MacT's performance at all, but even firing on half of his cylinders he's no Tamby.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Lowe is trash so if he is fired I support whatever the new person decides to do with MacT. I don't think MacT has done anything egregious, I just think that the Oilers don't have any good players for which to improve the roster with and patience will continue to be necessary regardless who the GM is.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
The Presser broke me--I am still at a loss (fill in joke here) to find the words to describe just what my reaction was to the Presser---he does not have a clue--we are either year 8 or 5 of rebuild and we are at 29th overall and things are not getting better--they are getting darker

Tell me about it. I went to last night's game against LA.

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
2539912-5288325636-nothi.gif

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The only reason that is true is because most of this board was lapping up the oil change for the first three years of Tamby's tenure.
Its ridiculous for people to suggest that MacT is worse than Tamby.
Tamby had no managerial ability whatsoever and was a hand picked stooge for the tank.
I'm not pleased with MacT's performance at all, but even firing on half of his cylinders he's no Tamby.

He's actually managed to create a worse team than Tambo with far better players.

LCLM

Jun 3, 2014
Drafting all these kids before bringing MacTavish in to be GM is like buying a new yacht and then announcing Peter Griffin will be the captain.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
His presser was the same crap we heard last year which was super disheartening. WOrst is in the rear view mirror, its turning, blah blah blah, looking forward to the draft, we've all heard it before now I know better than to believe it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad