• Matthews

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
HF wouldn't take Matthews over Pettersson, Barzal, Aho, Eichel, Laine or Boeser.

Sure as hell they're not picking him over MacKinnon.
This is exactly why nobody should be taking polls seriously. It's pretty apparent HF has a lot of idiots that vote based off of emotion and what they want the truth to be rather than what it actually is. There is zero consistency in logic and a complete disregard for any context/stats they don't like.

HF: Drai>Matthews because he has more raw points and defense for forwards doesn't matter.

Also HF: Barkov>Matthews because even though he puts up less points and scores less goals he is better defensively.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
This is exactly why nobody should be taking polls seriously. It's pretty apparent HF has a lot of idiots that vote based off of emotion and what they want the truth to be rather than what it actually is. There is zero consistency in logic and a complete disregard for any context/stats they don't like.

HF: Drai>Matthews because he has more raw points and defense for forwards doesn't matter.

Also HF: Barkov>Matthews because even though he puts up less points and scores less goals he is better defensively.

Wow!! You mean to tell me there are differing opinions on HF?!? It's almost as if HF is made up of more than just one singular person!!

Crazy stuff

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Ppg last 2 years (regular season):
Mack: 1.38
matthews: 1.38

Matthews has finally closed the regular season gap.

The only thing left now is PO.

Ppg last 2 years (PO):
Mack: 1.5 (2nd)
Matthews: 0.71 (45th)

If auston can have a monster playoffs, it will move him up in my ranking.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
As opposed to Matthews who doesn't show up in games 1-7.

Except his rookie year when he scored 4 goals against the President's Trophy winning Capitals who won the Cup the next season and when he scored 5 goals in a 7 game series against Boston and had the edge in possession against the Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak line when he was playing with Nylander and Hyman.

He has one really bad series which brings his average down then he played hurt for the last two but was still nearly a point per game with good defense. I highly doubt he doesn't dominate going forward now that he's brought his game to a new level.

Mar 26, 2010
This poll was started 1 year ago. The poll results are invalid at this point.

Matthews is the guy here now.

• Haha
Reactions: McDavidKindaFast

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Of course there are differing opinions. I'm speaking generally obviously. HF polls have a history of getting it wrong.

I think it depends *when* a poll is conducted. Too often fans will bump old polls and say, "see? HF looks stupid" when at the time, some of the takes weren't really off.

For instance, if someone TODAY says Bratt > Lafreniere and cites their current production/performance as evidence, they're not "wrong" or "dumb" if in 3 years time Lafreniere has blossomed into the player he was expected to be when he went 1st overall.

Reactions: Dache

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Of course there are differing opinions. I'm speaking generally obviously. HF polls have a history of getting it wrong.
Meh, a lot of fanbases also have a history of overrating their players on HFBoards.
You should check out some of the Leaf fan posts in the Campbell vs. Demko poll just a few short months ago. Comedy gold!
Anyways, on this poll there’s really no right or wrong answer. Matthews had the better season this year but McKinnon has been the better player in prior years and has a big edge in the playoffs.
Who knows about next year?

Last edited:
Reactions: Crossfire Hurricane

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
This poll was started 1 year ago. The poll results are invalid at this point.

Matthews is the guy here now.
Did he have a playoff run we’re all missing or what? (I voted Matthews btw)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Care to explain why?
Because if they had played the same amount of games he’d have 4 more points, based on pace.

In saying that Matthews goal scoring has put Matthews ahead for this season alone imo. As for overall that’s still as split as it always has I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad