Better duo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Think you need to learn how to use the quote button bud and Matthews is better than Mackinnon was at a younger age, in fact the only thing holding him back was his injuries.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Think you need to learn how to use the quote button bud and Matthews is better than Mackinnon was at a younger, in fact the only thing holding him back was his injuries.

Yeah he is better at a same age. So what? Development isnt the same for all.

Ranta is producing at or above a peak Crosby/Malkin/Ovi level so far this season. Pretty insane stuff

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Man...some teams are so lucky. We get to see what Rantanen-Mackinnon-Landeskog can do together, what McDavid-LD can do together, Pasta-Bergeron-Marchand, etc...Just one season I'd like to see what Matthews and Marner could do together. They're both on pace for 100 point seasons and they don't even play on the same line other than the pp.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Rants is playing better than Ovechkin at the same age. Doesn't meam he'll be better.

Not even close to OV at the same age, get real dude. Forget the league, Rantanen isn't even the best player on his own line and is just piling up assists. OV at 22 had his 65 goal season and had 40+ more pts than his next closest team mate, a rookie Backstrom.

I get what you're trying to say and Rantanen is playing great, but let's not get ridiculous.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Think you need to learn how to use the quote button bud and Matthews is better than Mackinnon was at a younger, in fact the only thing holding him back was his injuries.
Lol... oh boy you know what sure thing, development can be different but Macs already on such a high level Matthews isn't close to overall yet, and hopefully no more injurers this season and I still doubt he keeps with Mac this year. Next he may but to say he's going to be better is hard to really justify. Mac last year was 108 pt player, and had he played all games [144pts past 105 games] . Matthews surpassing that will be a hard feat. Assuming he can stay healthy and reach that than there's still, Ranty>Marner .Rants can def drive his own bus and is improving all around and working on all his biggest weaknesses and easily cutting through them something not all that many players can do and fast as he's been doing. + he's a Tank something Marner will never posses.

If ranty becomes any faster and quicker while getting stronger he's going to be plain unstoppable also if she works just a tiny bit on his shot and shot frequency he should be good for 40G a season.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Not even close to OV at the same age, get real dude. Forget the league, Rantanen isn't even the best player on his own line and is just piling up assists. OV at 22 had his 65 goal season and had 40+ more pts than his next closest team mate, a rookie Backstrom.

I get what you're trying to say and Rantanen is playing great, but let's not get ridiculous.

He's on pace for 137 points.

To me 137 points >> 65 goals.

Now i know it's only 31 games and i'm not saying I expect Ranta to hit that by year end - but since 2005 (including all of Crosby, Malkin and Ov) - only one player once (Malkin) by 1 point (53 to 52) had more points at the 31 game mark.

31 games in he's been insane this year. At the 10-15, even 20 game mark i was thinking it was a hot streak, but 31 games in i'm starting to become a believer. I'm excited to see where he ends up the season.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I can't get enough of the Col kids, but if we're talking now and future I don't know how you can say the Tor duo won't be at least as good. Too close to call for me, but damn do I love me some Mac.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS

Now i know it's only 31 games and i'm not saying I expect Ranta to hit that by year end - but since 2005 (including all of Crosby, Malkin and Ov) - only one player once (Malkin) by 1 point (53 to 52) had more points at the 31 game mark.

31 games in he's been insane this year. At the 10-15, even 20 game mark i was thinking it was a hot streak, but 31 games in i'm starting to become a believer. I'm excited to see where he ends up the season.
Well I just added up if he only avged 2 shots per game same shooting % for rest of the season he would finsish with 31g and if he avged only the same rate of assits as last yr he would finish with 77 A 108 pts

This year they got to start off when they left off a full season together after the breakout, Landy being with them for the full season. I don't think he got moved up till after dutchy left so really only 65ish games last year with them. I think what were seeing his pretty much the norm obviously they will drop but I can't see it being to bad.

Last edited:

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
I can't get enough of the Col kids, but if we're talking now and future I don't know how you can say the Tor duo won't be at least as good. Too close to call for me, but damn do I love me some Mac.
that's what I said in the end prob just even. but if Toronto fans think they will be better i'll make it simple lets wait and see.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017

Actually hitting 65 goals, leading the league in: goals (13 goals over #2), points (6 points over #2, 14 points over #3), goals and points/game is way more impressive.

Kudos to Rantanen for leading the league in points after 31 games, but let's not act like he's even close to a lock for leading the league in points yet, and even if he does, Mackinnon will only be a few points behind him, and he won't be anywhere up there in goals. Ovi did better with the second best player on his team putting up 69 points.

Love Rantanen and I think he's an extraordinary player, but cool the hype a bit.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Yeah he is better at a same age. So what? Development isnt the same for all.

Ranta is producing at or above a peak Crosby/Malkin/Ovi level so far this season. Pretty insane stuff
He is on pace yes, but I highly doubt he end up outproduce or produce at the same level of Crosby, Malkin and Ovi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad