GDT: MacKinnon, Makar and the Monsters (MONDAY 7pm)

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Tarasov’s positioning was fantastic (maybe best I have seen with him) but he still needs to keep the puck under control better. He had a couple early that got through him but didn’t get into the net because a defenseman was there to keep it out.
I can be wrong but Tarasov has better positioning then Merzlikins. Therefore he doesn't have to make super saves so it seem the team play worse in the games when he is in the net. But again, I can be wrong.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Want a seat upgrade for the rest of the game? Message me and I’ll send you the Club Tickets I didn’t use tonight!
Thanks for the offer! Didn't have internet at the game or when out, so didn't see this sadly. Thanks though! (Was happy with my seats anyway too.)

My thoughts on the game:

Colorado was a bit listless. I saw their game against the Rangers and it was a much better game from them (and Rangers too, generally a great game). Annunen wasn't great in goal today, he could've had maybe the first and second goals. Rantanen also seemed to be just cruising, he's a much better player than what he showed tonight... I wonder if MacKinnon gets frustrated at him.

Anyhow CBJ I thought was hanging on pretty well after the rocky start, and by the end of the second period I think the shots and attempts were almost tied. In the third we gave them an inch and the penalties could've cost us, but no turtling this time! Tarry played great - good saves, those first couple of saves were super important and kept us in the game. His positioning seemed good like y'all have said. Not sure if he had to do anything spectacular though, I don't think Colorado was picking corners today (except that one post, or was it two actually).

A tiny bit about my gameday experience too: Started off a bit funny when four Tigres players were walking towards the arena and asked me who the local team is. They're playing against the Crew tomorrow (I'll be going!). Cool to see them explore the city though.

Impressed by Nationwide, it's a great arena overall. Love the space on the first floor and pretty easy to find seats. Only negative was that the escalators only go up, a bit of a design flaw if you ask me (saving precious floor space, I guess). Somehow it also felt like there were much less lines to the concession stands than in other arenas, not sure why. The arena was still quite packed...

Also a shoutout to the fans around me in Section 204. Good, friendly people, and seemed quite into the game and knowledgeable about the game. There was a kid next to me talking constantly but he knew his stuff super well. He got a pizza as a reward. :D

I also did my best Johnny cannon impression when the game began, totally caught me off guard. :D

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Thanks for the offer! Didn't have internet at the game or when out, so didn't see this sadly. Thanks though! (Was happy with my seats anyway too.)

My thoughts on the game:

Colorado was a bit listless. I saw their game against the Rangers and it was a much better game from them (and Rangers too, generally a great game). Annunen wasn't great in goal today, he could've had maybe the first and second goals. Rantanen also seemed to be just cruising, he's a much better player than what he showed tonight... I wonder if MacKinnon gets frustrated at him.

Anyhow CBJ I thought was hanging on pretty well after the rocky start, and by the end of the second period I think the shots and attempts were almost tied. In the third we gave them an inch and the penalties could've cost us, but no turtling this time! Tarry played great - good saves, those first couple of saves were super important and kept us in the game. His positioning seemed good like y'all have said. Not sure if he had to do anything spectacular though, I don't think Colorado was picking corners today (except that one post, or was it two actually).

A tiny bit about my gameday experience too: Started off a bit funny when four Tigres players were walking towards the arena and asked me who the local team is. They're playing against the Crew tomorrow (I'll be going!). Cool to see them explore the city though.

Impressed by Nationwide, it's a great arena overall. Love the space on the first floor and pretty easy to find seats. Only negative was that the escalators only go up, a bit of a design flaw if you ask me (saving precious floor space, I guess). Somehow it also felt like there were much less lines to the concession stands than in other arenas, not sure why. The arena was still quite packed...

Also a shoutout to the fans around me in Section 204. Good, friendly people, and seemed quite into the game and knowledgeable about the game. There was a kid next to me talking constantly but he knew his stuff super well. He got a pizza as a reward. :D

I also did my best Johnny cannon impression when the game began, totally caught me off guard. :D
Maybe Colorado and Rantanen were not ideal, but we played without Chinakhov, Fantilli, Laine, Johnson, Kuraly and Jenner (although I think the team is better without him). Colorado without Nichushkin and O'Connor, don't count Landeskog if only forwards. Our the 3rd and the 4th line had 5 AHL player and Olivier.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I'm glad Turtle got to see a good game, especially since they really didn't play well in the games he saw out west.

Also glad Jarmo isn't here to give Tarasov a 6x6 contract in the summer when he's eligible to resign, kid is on a good streak but let's see if it continues for a bit more.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Hopefully PV is realize that playing Boone on the top line , 20 plus minutes a night isn’t helping this team win games . It’s silly when you look at his production to give him those minutes . Guys like Fantilli, Sillinger , Voronkov aren’t even scratching the surface of their potential .

Reactions: Seedtype

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
At least if this team goes on their typical late season heater against everyone's backup goalies they won't be costing themselves any draft lottery positions.

Still 5 points back from the Coyotes and 7 games to play. Coyotes have a game in hand.

Hopefully PV is realize that playing Boone on the top line , 20 plus minutes a night isn’t helping this team win games . It’s silly when you look at his production to give him those minutes . Guys like Fantilli, Sillinger , Voronkov aren’t even scratching the surface of their potential .
With 7 games left, I'd throw all of the healthy young players into the fire and show them what it means to be big time in the NHL while cutting vets back to 15 minutes or less a night.

landstuhltaylor

Feb 2, 2009
Maybe Colorado and Rantanen were not ideal, but we played without Chinakhov, Fantilli, Laine, Johnson, Kuraly and Jenner (although I think the team is better without him). Colorado without Nichushkin and O'Connor, don't count Landeskog if only forwards. Our the 3rd and the 4th line had 5 AHL player and Olivier.

Colorado for sure had a few injuries but nothing that should have impacted the game. They've seemed to struggle with motivation all year and I just don't think they got up for a late season game with Columbus. CBJ played well though. So much so that it's getting annoying as an Avs fan to keep paying for tickets and seeing them play like ass every time they come here.

Looking forward to when CBJ is good again though. It's a tough watch in person when the rink is only half full and the atmosphere is that of golf. Should be a lot more fun to attend when there is more excitement in the building.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad