Proposal: MacKinnon, Little or Henrique to MTL

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Remember the last time when we got bashed for not willing to be bent over in a Little trade to Montreal?

No trade will happen between us two regarding him. He will likely re-sign next summer anyway.

I believe Little is the best two way player of all mentioned AND puts up most ppg......and he's a center.......playing 2c minutes (sometimes)

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Neutral fan.. Mackinnon lacks hockey IQ that would ever make him a top 5 player, but his physical tool set is top 5. You know how bad they were? He had 12 more points than the next guy on the roster, being Duchene...

Galchenyuk meanwhile hasn't ever put together a run for more than 30 games at a time. When faced with adversity he looked disinterested instead of engaged. His lazy efforts landed him on the 4th line by two coaches.

At this point Mackinnon is closer to a top 10 C than Galchenyuk is to being a top 30 C.

I just want to point out that the 12 more points is roughly 23% higher than 2nd place. The only other person I can find who outscored his next closest teammate by that much is McDavid (100 to 77).

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What would it take to land one these Cs?

Galchenyuk+?
Serg+?
Patches?

Jets likely resign Little. Little has stated publicly he loves the organization and wants to retire here. He's still producing like a low end #1 two way centre. If he was traded the only thing interesting is Serg or Serg+ as a return.

Patches and Gal, no real interest.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I would trade Henrique for Galchenyuk (even with a small add) or Beauleiu

Galchenyuk

Henrique
Beaulieu

The gap between Galchenyuk and Beaulieu is enormous. I do think the Habs would have to add to Beaulieu to fetch Henrique, but it's probably in the ballpark.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
This post tells me you haven't watched Nathan Beaulieu play in the last year+.

Cut the elitist bs will you.

And for all the crap he gets, he's still a 6'2" puck moving defenseman that can skate and has positive possession metrics playing with the likes of Alexei Emelin. He'd probably be one of the Devils better defensemen already. Yes, his stats are lower in comparison to the rest of the team, but the Devils did not have one positive possession defenseman last season. It's worth looking into.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad