Mackinnon Jersey Question

Razorwing

Oct 17, 2010
So I'm going to pick up/buy a new 3rd Mackinnon Jersey and I was wonder should I put an 'A' on the Jersey while I'm at it? I know he doesn't have an 'A' right now, but I think he will get it in the near future. Should I get the 'A' or not?

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Because he's a rookie whos far down the line from getting an A? Mcleod and Stastny wear them now, and Duchene and O'reilly will probably get them next.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I think I've also read that the jersey contract with Reebok is up in a couple of years or something? Could someone verify this? So if you get a MacKinnon Reebok jersey and he actually never wears it (on this jersey), you're screwed.

Razorwing

Oct 17, 2010
Great points guys! But keeping on that note, will the Aves even wear the 3rd Jerseys this year? or should I go for a Home/Away Jersey. I actually like the laces that's why I want to get the 3rd Jersey.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I also worry about the possibility that he changes to #22 somewhere down the line when the SuperModel is no longer anywhere near this team.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
I think there is a chance he switches to 22 in the near future.

Also I see Duchene, O'Reilly, and maybe even Johnson ahead of MacKinnon for the next available 'A'.

Razorwing

Oct 17, 2010
I guess there is also a chance of him stay with 29 eh? It's really a 50/50 thing.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
Is there a reason of not getting it though?

If you want the A, get the A. It's your jersey after all. If you care about some degree of authenticity, I'd wait. There's a decent chance he changes numbers or the Avs redesign their jerseys in the future. On the other hand, if he does get the A with the current jersey and number, I'm sure you can add it on later.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I guess there is also a chance of him stay with 29 eh? It's really a 50/50 thing.

He wore 22 in junior, it's the number he preferred. Unbelievably he was forced to take 29 because Hunwick had 22 :laugh: Hunwick is already gone, so I think there's a good chance he switches to 22 next year. But of course no one knows.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
-It's Avs, not Aves
-Matt Hunwick currently wears #22 which MacKinnon wore in juniors, and Hunwick is not long for this team and I'd imagine MacKinnon would want to switch when #22 becomes available
-McLeod and Stastny are wearing As right now, Johnson has had one before and Duchene and O'Reilly would get one before MacKinnon
-Getting a jersey with a feature on it which the player doesn't have in reality seems weird to me
-There's nothing to stop you getting one without an A and adding it later on if he gets one

Razorwing

Oct 17, 2010
He wore 22 in junior, it's the number he preferred. Unbelievably he was forced to take 29 because Hunwick had 22 :laugh: Hunwick is already gone, so I think there's a good chance he switches to 22 next year. But of course no one knows.

True, he did wear 22 with the Mooseheads. I guess then I should just wait, especially with you saying Hunwick being gone.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
On the other hand the 29 might be cool in a way if(when) he goes on to have a monster of a career wearing 22. That in his rookie season he wore 29 and you have that one. There must be some other examples like that.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
Assuming the Avs don't redesign their jerseys, is there anything that really prevent someone from making a #29 MacKinnon jersey even if he switches numbers in the future? Because if that's the case, I don't see any extra intrinsic value of a rookie season jersey over any other unless you get one that's game-worn.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think so. If you want a MacKinnon jersey then go for it. I'm probably going to get one of his this year too. I like the number 29 and if it signifies his rookie year then so be it. I actually think a successful year in the NHL will make him less inclined to go back to his junior number but that's definitely his choice to make when the time comes. Who knows what is going to happen in the future? If you want the jersey now then just get it and enjoy wearing it.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I don't think so. If you want a MacKinnon jersey then go for it. I'm probably going to get one of his this year too. I like the number 29 and if it signifies his rookie year then so be it. I actually think a successful year in the NHL will make him less inclined to go back to his junior number but that's definitely his choice to make when the time comes. Who knows what is going to happen in the future? If you want the jersey now then just get it and enjoy wearing it.

Why would that change anything. He'll go back to 22. Cabana demands it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad