Mackinnon and McDavid enter top 50 active point leaders

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Both are amazing talents. Mack started off slow but has really progressed into an amazing and highly productive player.
He's been good. He's been surrounded with the talent and pieces needed to make a serious run. The Avs are a dangerous team.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm honestly surprised - I would have expected McDavid to already be higher on this list than he is.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
3rd best all-time? No. He likely won't pass Orr.

After Lemieux time, it could be either McDavid or Ovechkin.

Gretzky and lemieux are consensus 1 and 2 and no I'm not putting ovechkin any where near them. McDavids already a better player than Ovechkin ever was.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Gretzky and lemieux are consensus 1 and 2 and no I'm not putting ovechkin any where near them. McDavids already a better player than Ovechkin ever was.

No they are not consensus 1 and 2. Many people have Orr above one or even both of them. Some even have Howe breaking the pack but that is fewer people.

I wasn't putting Ovechkin where Gretzky or Lemieux are, I specifically wrote AFTER LEMIEUX, after as in time after. As a goal scorer Ovechkin is GOAT and better than either but as a player overall he's not there and neither is anyone else from the modern era, yet at least. McDavid might get there one day. Sid? Forget about it.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If we get a full season next year mcdavid could be sitting at 700 career points at the age of 25. I hope these players stay healthy for their careers

I'm not as worried about N-Mac because he's built differently... but I'm kinda worried about McDavid because he's playing a lot more physically this season. Throwing hits and playing a chippy game consistently. Really hope he doesn't develop a Peter Forsberg complex.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

McDavid is a better player, but he's yet to have had a better career. *knocks on wood*

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
No they are not consensus 1 and 2. Many people have Orr above one or even both of them. Some even have Howe breaking the pack but that is fewer people.

I wasn't putting Ovechkin where Gretzky or Lemieux are, I specifically wrote AFTER LEMIEUX, after as in time after. As a goal scorer Ovechkin is GOAT and better than either but as a player overall he's not there and neither is anyone else from the modern era, yet at least. McDavid might get there one day. Sid? Forget about it.

Fair point about Orr. But I'm putting Sid before ovechkin. He's been the model of consistentcy, where as Ovi has had few years where he was average/sub par.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad