Injury Report: Mackenzie Skapski underwent hip arthroscopy to repair a labral tear

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: Mackenzie Skapski underwent hip arthroscopy to repair a labral tear in his right hip. Expected to be sidelined four to five months.â€

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
This impacts the likelihood of Talbot being traded.

Not really
We are going to have to find an NHL regular backup G anyways (for around 1M)
Desjardins will be back next season after his injury and is a Quality keeper (AHL starter/NHL second backup option)
Skapski is number four on The depth chart right now
And will be back in October/November

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Is this a danger to his development?

Guess that explains why he didn't play in the playoffs for HFD.

I don't believe it should affect his development at all. He loses a few months here, but he's got all the tools, and skill and is SO young still.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Shouldn't they have shut him down earlier? He was out a month anyway, just go and get the procedure done so he can start next season the correct way.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Not worried he can rest in the offseason. Plus they have the vet minor league goalie, his name slips my mind but he will be back and healthy.

Trade Talbot for a 2nd already:laugh:

arab27

Feb 12, 2010
This has no effect on a Talbot trade, as Skapski is not ready. We will have to sign a vet to a deal who is a UFA.

Skapski is also probably our 3rd ranked prospect between the pipes. But all are to young, especially when I am sure management will want a goalie to come in to give Hank rest.

If Talbot is traded, look for guys like Gustavson, or Laberara spelling wrong on both those name I believe but to lazy to look.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Probably held off for insurance in case Hank or Talbot got hurt in the playoffs. Danis was only on an AHL deal and I think the only other guy on an NHL contract was Missiaen.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Probably held off for insurance in case Hank or Talbot got hurt in the playoffs. Danis was only on an AHL deal and I think the only other guy on an NHL contract was Missiaen.

Playing with six skaters and an empty net would have been a better idea than playing a 20 year old AHL goalie.

This sounds pretty serious. I can't believe he played in a game with this injury.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Playing with six skaters and an empty net would have been a better idea than playing a 20 year old AHL goalie.

This sounds pretty serious. I can't believe he played in a game with this injury.

It's a pinching sensation when doing quick turns, it hurts but you can play through it f need be.

Plenty of goalies have had this surgery - JS Giguere, Tim Thomas, Niklas Backstrom, Vesa Toskala, Patrick Roy, Josh Harding, Antero Niitimaki, Ray Emery, Craig Anderson to name a few.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
It's a pinching sensation when doing quick turns, it hurts but you can play through it f need be.

Plenty of goalies have had this surgery - JS Giguere, Tim Thomas, Niklas Backstrom, Vesa Toskala, Patrick Roy, Josh Harding, Antero Niitimaki, Ray Emery, Craig Anderson to name a few.

Hey hey hey are you trying to see if we actually read your examples?

Jan 8, 2012
NY

But were any of those goalies out into game situations when their team knew about the injury?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
But were any of those goalies out into game situations when their team knew about the injury?

Most likely, yes. You can play through it.

Pretty sure I have a tear on the right side, because it hurts all the time if I move my hip a certain way, flair my butterfly, and especially after games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad