Confirmed with Link: Mackenzie Entwistle two-year contract extension

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
Who are you, and WTF are you talking about? Who cares about whether or not it's a one-way contract? It's not our money.
Pretty clear what I’m talking about. I assume you can read! I also assume you are a hawks fan? So wtf are you talking about? I’m well aware it’s not our money but why would you spend cap money for someone ( 1 way ) for a player with little nhl experience.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pretty clear what I’m talking about. I assume you can read! I also assume you are a hawks fan? So wtf are you talking about? I’m well aware it’s not our money but why would you spend cap money for someone ( 1 way ) for a player with little nhl experience.

They aren't spending any cap money... Evidently you don't understand one-way contracts.

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
They aren't spending any cap money... Evidently you don't understand one-way contracts.
I stand corrected. I’m wrong. Why then pay a player any player to potentially make 800 in Rockford.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Another brilliant move by Stan this guy can’t do anything wrong, why is he extending this guy for two more years when he still has a year left and has proven absolutely nothing?

Because it's low risk. He can be buried or traded. He putup 15G in Rockford. Most here seem to think that's a low cap hit for a bottom six guy.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I stand corrected. I’m wrong. Why then pay a player any player to potentially make 800 in Rockford.
You're paying for a floor player AHL vet with bottom six upside. High character guy. If he's a replacement level forward with size he's earning his deal for the next three years.
If he busts he's a career minor leaguer that's good in the room picking up bar tabs the next few years. He is exactlty the type of prospect you bet low on if you're a big market team. I'm high on Entwhistle. Love this deal.

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Because it's low risk. He can be buried or traded. He putup 15G in Rockford. Most here seem to think that's a low cap hit for a bottom six guy.

But it’s pointless, let’s just go sign 20 of these guys then. Its stupid and Stan did that with Delia too and what came out of that? He’s always trying to look smart but looks so stupid, this guy is dumb as a brick…

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
But it’s pointless, let’s just go sign 20 of these guys then. Its stupid and Stan did that with Delia too and what came out of that? He’s always trying to look smart but looks so stupid, this guy is dumb as a brick…

I think they're allowed 50 contract signings between: draft picks, AHL & NHL. I see your point in Delia scenario. Delia & Subban will stabilize the Rockford net. There's a potential argument Delia is blocking Commesso in Rockford. But it's a moot point. Commesso is clearly the future.

...On signing guys for a year too long sure Stan is guilty no doubt.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Exactly. Makes no sense. 5 gp and they sign him to a 1 way. Wow. Good for him. To your point he still has a year left on his current contract. Fire Stan. If not for this, for the abuse issue.

It does make sense it's a low AAV figure and if he doesn't make the NHL roster I think he lead Rockford in goal scoring.

Entwistle clearly makes sense. Delia makes sense too. Because you need to have between 2 or 4 core Rockford guys that can play in the NHL even if they're not permanent NHL players. He fits the bill and should be wearing the C at the AHL level.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
you have 10 pages (1076 times) of you LOLing at people if you search. whats the point? does it make u feel smart?

No, but why does it matter to you? I like to laugh at stupid shit that people say. Like when someone says that this Entwistle contract should be the reason that Bowman should be fired. Not any of the other major issues regarding him, but THIS contract. One where the poster clearly had no idea what he was talking about. Lol.

It's kind of amusing that you actually went and looked that up, though.

Last edited:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
No, but why does it matter to you? I like to laugh at stupid shit that people say. Like when someone says that this Entwistle contract should be the reason that Bowman should be fired. Not any of the other major issues regarding him, but THIS contract. One where the poster clearly had no idea what he was talking about. Lol.

It's kind of amusing that you actually went and looked that up, though.
at this point you have to know people are going to say silly stuff on this site....

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Of course. But why should it matter if I laugh about it? I like to laugh.
just asking if you do it to feel smart because typing LOL isnt laughing. your intention is to either feel smart or demean the other person and you do it so much I'm just wondering why?

Reactions: Muffinalt

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
just asking if you do it to feel smart because typing LOL isnt laughing. your intention is to either feel smart or demean the other person and you do it so much I'm just wondering why?

Nah, most the time it's to just laugh at stupid shit. Like... I read through and laugh out loud at dumb shit that is said, and then I post an "lol". I never target anyone with it. I never quote any person in particular. If I cared about feeling smart, I'd actually respond back to any number of the dumb things I read on here daily, and quote the posts that I'm laughing at. There is maybe only one person on here where it's meant how you take it, and it's not you, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Mack was one of my favourite Bulldogs when he played here in Hamilton. Glad to see he's getting paid.

Reactions: Brightwing

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I think they're allowed 50 contract signings between: draft picks, AHL & NHL. I see your point in Delia scenario. Delia & Subban will stabilize the Rockford net. There's a potential argument Delia is blocking Commesso in Rockford. But it's a moot point. Commesso is clearly the future.

...On signing guys for a year too long sure Stan is guilty no doubt.
Neither Subban or Delia are blocking commesso in Rockford

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Literally nothing came of Delia, both on the ice and against the cap. It had zero effect. Bitching just to bitch.

I am saying Stan is giving these guys contracts absolutely no reason, he’s trying to look smart and he’s just an idiot, Amd he will always be an idiot, the end.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I am saying Stan is giving these guys contracts absolutely no reason, he’s trying to look smart and he’s just an idiot, Amd he will always be an idiot, the end.

It was a low value contract signed the year Delia played some games in the NHL. If he ends up as the Hawks backup great, if they find a better option, even better. But teams get stuck having to trade for backups regularly so it's a good idea to have some depth under contract. You'd rather pay that than have to trade picks for a backup due to an injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad