Confirmed with Link: Mackenzie Entwistle two-year contract extension

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It was a low value contract signed the year Delia played some games in the NHL. If he ends up as the Hawks backup great, if they find a better option, even better. But teams get stuck having to trade for backups regularly so it's a good idea to have some depth under contract. You'd rather pay that than have to trade picks for a backup due to an injury.

Dude Entwhistle and Hardman are not going anywhere, they are dime a dozen players, they are NOT on the verge of breakout where you can say oh look at me I am so smart I signed them to cheap contract and they would have gotten more if I didn’t, Stan is just throwing some shit on the wall and hoping it sticks, it’s pathetic, it’s not about the riskiness of the move or whatever it’s just pointless, this guy can’t make this team better he’s extremely stupid.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Dude Entwhistle and Hardman are not going anywhere, they are dime a dozen players, they are NOT on the verge of breakout where you can say oh look at me I am so smart I signed them to cheap contract and they would have gotten more if I didn’t, Stan is just throwing some shit on the wall and hoping it sticks, it’s pathetic, it’s not about the riskiness of the move or whatever it’s just pointless, this guy can’t make this team better he’s extremely stupid.
Dime a dozen players are signed for cheap every year, every team.

Reactions: SuterHaglshev

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Literally nothing came of Delia, both on the ice and against the cap. It had zero effect. Bitching just to bitch.

I think some of the fans aren't knowledgeable enough about policy. And then there's the fan that thinks every contract counts against the cap.

I remember learning the difference between a 19 year old American born USDL prospect and a 19 year old Canadian born OHL player had to spend an additional year in the OHL...but the US prospect was allowed entry into the AHL a year earlier.

I think this effected Jeremy Morin way back in the day. Commesso not blocked since he's gone the college route. I don't think he's inked an entry level contract yet... Anyway, some fans complain and it's like learn the friggin' policy. And it's fairly obvious Delia & Subban aren't blocking Commesso if a fan understands some college prospects have no contract signed at all.

Reactions: ClydeLee

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Neither Subban or Delia are blocking commesso in Rockford

True, thanks. I checked Spotrac and Commesso has yet to sign an entry level contract. I knew he played at World Juniors, but wasn't sure if he was set to play again at Boston University. He is going back to NCAA hockey for season #3.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I think some of the fans aren't knowledgeable enough about policy. And then there's the fan that thinks every contract counts against the cap.

I remember learning the difference between a 19 year old American born USDL prospect and a 19 year old Canadian born OHL player had to spend an additional year in the OHL...but the US prospect was allowed entry into the AHL a year earlier.

I think this effected Jeremy Morin way back in the day. Commesso not blocked since he's gone the college route. I don't think he's inked an entry level contract yet... Anyway, some fans complain and it's like learn the friggin' policy. And it's fairly obvious Delia & Subban aren't blocking Commesso if a fan understands some college prospects have no contract signed at all.

No buddy we know how the cap works, you have to be extremely thick not to know how the cap works, it’s simple mathematics. You are talking about fans not knowing, Stan the man himself seems to be very confused about the cap, he just got out of cap hell and had all the leverage in the world to utilize it and didn’t, he took this team back into the cap hell hole right away. He takes on other team’s garbage for nothing in return but when he wants to unload he has to give away Teuvo Terrvaainen. He also doesn’t know how valuable draft picks are, he could have very well gave away a Dach or a Cat when he gave away those 2 high firsts, Not to mention Boqvist, everyone here was very high on him being a legit #1 and he was the best D on the ice many games this past season, now that he is traded, well narrative has changed, he’s injury prone and he is not as great as once we thought and thus trade is good lol. Not to mention the first round pick we had was pathetic as best. How are people not seeing the mess Stan is right now, it’s clear as day, those Homer glasses are permanent on some…

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
True, thanks. I checked Spotrac and Commesso has yet to sign an entry level contract. I knew he played at World Juniors, but wasn't sure if he was set to play again at Boston University. He is going back to NCAA hockey for season #3.
Last season was his Freshman year, he’s a 2020 draft pick 19 years old I believe

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
No buddy we know how the cap works, you have to be extremely thick not to know how the cap works, it’s simple mathematics. You are talking about fans not knowing, Stan the man himself seems to be very confused about the cap, he just got out of cap hell and had all the leverage in the world to utilize it and didn’t, he took this team back into the cap hell hole right away. He takes on other team’s garbage for nothing in return but when he wants to unload he has to give away Teuvo Terrvaainen. He also doesn’t know how valuable draft picks are, he could have very well gave away a Dach or a Cat when he gave away those 2 high firsts, Not to mention Boqvist, everyone here was very high on him being a legit #1 and he was the best D on the ice many games this past season, now that he is traded, well narrative has changed, he’s injury prone and he is not as great as once we thought and thus trade is good lol. Not to mention the first round pick we had was pathetic as best. How are people not seeing the mess Stan is right now, it’s clear as day, those Homer glasses are permanent on some…

If you hit Stan with your strongest demon you will send him out of Chicago. You're getting closer to doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad