Value of: Mackenzie Blackwood to LA

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Devils aren't trading Blackwood without getting a goalie back I reckon. LA doesn't make sense unless it's a 3 way deal.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Devils aren't trading Blackwood without getting a goalie back I reckon. LA doesn't make sense unless it's a 3 way deal.
LA does make sense if the Devils can trade another goalie before this trade. It doesn't have to be a 3 way deal, those can be a separate deals.

The problem is that the Devils would want defensive dman who has potential to be a top 4 dman. Faber is out of reach, so I don't know who that could be. I think Fitzgerald would like to get a right-handed Siegenthaler, who can play with Luke Hughes in the future.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
goalie for goalie most likely won't work, if you don't want to settle for a worse one.

a team trading for blackwood wants him to upgrade the position. if you are not married to blackwood, you trade him for the best possible return and try to find another goaltender via trade or the fa market.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
goalie for goalie most likely won't work, if you don't want to settle for a worse one.

a team trading for blackwood wants him to upgrade the position. if you are not married to blackwood, you trade him for the best possible return and try to find another goaltender via trade or the fa market.
I mean I agree, which is why I think Blackwood is very likely not going anywhere and all ill feelings get smoothed over for another year.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I doubt it. Peterson hasn't been as good as last year, but has still been far better than Blackwood was this year. I suppose the Kings might do it if they are regretting the Peterson contract extension and desperately want out of it.

that's where my head is at.
Only way it makes sense from a Kings POV to me is if the devils are adding to Blackwood for Petersen, but the flip side is why would the devils pay for maybe a slight upgrade.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I reckon MacKenzie Blackwood barely has the value of the draft pick he was chosen at. The goalie New Jersey 'gets back' is better off being the one they get in free agency.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I reckon MacKenzie Blackwood barely has the value of the draft pick he was chosen at. The goalie New Jersey 'gets back' is better off being the one they get in free agency.
There's only 3 guys in FA you can say that about IRC: Kuemper, Campbell, and Husso. it's very risky to trade Blackwood at the draft betting on one of those three being available and willing to sign in NJ. Devils also need two NHL goalies then if they send away Blackwood, can they get two of those? no chance.

I believe they keep Blackwood AND try to sign one of those three. Additionally they will try and trade their 2nd at the draft for a G to play with Blackwood. I can't see them shipping off Blackwood and putting themselves in a deeper hole betting on FA / a trade.

Reactions: Smitty426

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes