Confirmed with Link: Mac Mac signs a one way contract

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Good for him indeed. That’s a huge raise considering he was making AHL salary for most of the year. Didn’t realize he would’ve been a UFA at the end of the year. Feels like we just drafted him :laugh:

Now do Sundqvist(even though he’s an RFA).

Reactions: RoarBacon

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Well earned. He has looked like a quality 4th liner, and I am glad he is being rewarded for his big jump this year.

Love it when a mid round pick looks solid in the NHL game. Funny how we got him in the same round as Colt.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I am happy for him for sure, he has been a pleasant surprise, still not sure why its a one-way deal though
Doesn’t really make a difference to us, only Stillman and Mac. Either he’s on the roster and contributing for 750K against the cap or he’s in San Antonio(or another NHL organization) and doesn’t count towards the cap at all.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
He’s an NHL’er. Seems like he’ll be one of those character 4th line guys who can become a staple on a line. We’ll see, but I like his game and size.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm going to guess this means he's here to stay for the rest of the year. And I can't complain with that in the slightest. He's been solid on the fourth line. Don't think he'll ever be much more than that but that's okay too. You need quality fourth line players.

Reactions: RoarBacon

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I'm going to guess this means he's here to stay for the rest of the year. And I can't complain with that in the slightest. He's been solid on the fourth line. Don't think he'll ever be much more than that but that's okay too. You need quality fourth line players.

Quality 4th liners for 750 thousand will always be a solid commodity.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

Good for him, he's definitely earned it with the energy he's brought to the lineup

Reactions: Fez Whatley

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Was not a fan at first, but have warmed up to Mac a bit. He's been pretty good.

Reactions: BlueDream

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Agreed. He needs to stay. He’s at the age where going back to the AHL won’t do him much good.

Good to see we plan on keeping him around. His analytics are really good, and he has size and skating ability. He just plays a simple but effective game on that 4th line. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up as a better version of Dmitrij Jaskin.

Reactions: Blueston

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Someone I saw compared him to Chris Porter. That seems fair. Always liked a Porter.
I think he'll be better than porter. He seems to start with more skill, and he plenty of time left to improve. He should be able to score significantly more than Porter. Porter was a great hustler, and played defence well, and forechecked and cycled the puck well. But, he got overpowered by bigger and stronger players. MacEachern will be bigger, heavier, and probably stronger, when he finishes building his body. I predict that he'll be both a better scorer, and a better all-around player than Porter.

Reactions: mab894

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
This guy is forcing Berube to make a tough decision when Perron comes back. His game gets better on a highly basis and him and Barbashev seem to feed off each other's energy. 3 goals in 12 games from a guy who many probably figured was a career AHL'er just a few weeks ago is nothing to spit at. Maroon better keep notching up his intensity.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I admit I didn't know much about McEachern (although I did see him play in the USHL one time) nor realize that he was close to a call-up. But with his size and hustle, he looks like a good option for the 4th line as a fixture beyond a short stint injury call-up, which is what I originally thought this was going to be. I loved the story from Pang about how he got called in to meet with the assistant GM and thought he was getting sent down, but it was because his agent had agreed to a contract extension. Good for him. That goal celebration last night was tremendous.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
I have been mispronouncing his name all this time. Maybe it’s one of those Kyrou situations where his name is westernized.

I thought it was MuhKAYRN.

Guess not

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I have been mispronouncing his name all this time. Maybe it’s one of those Kyrou situations where his name is westernized.

I thought it was MuhKAYRN.

Guess not

Actually his name is (still) Easternized.
Specifically, his name is Scottish in origin and the family hasn’t changed it since immigrating.

Speaking as someone who’s family did “Americanize” their surname(MacKenzie) after coming to America to escape some legal issues( Scotland’s 1745 Rebellion).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad