Series Discussion: M1: New York Rangers, a subsidiary of Tom Wilson Real Estate, Inc vs WC2: Perpetrators of Horrifying Acts of Violence

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
How stupid would that be? It's not like we have the talent advantage here. Last time we were in the Playoffs the major reason we lost was Wilson getting hurt in G1.

If Rempe wants to get his ass whooped let him knock on McIlrath's door, they are both guys on small roles. No reason to do Wilson-Rempe swap. If Kreider wants to go with Wilson then i mean, sure.

We need Wilson on the ice. Keep dumping it into Fox's corner and pound away like teams used to do with Mike Green. Rangers especially.
I’m just saying…I feel like it’s going to happen at some point. And yeah….Mac might indeed jump in to bite that off first.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I’m just saying…I feel like it’s going to happen at some point. And yeah….Mac might indeed jump in to bite that off first.

Getting PP's would be one way to beat them... Caps PP has been among the best in the last few months. We already know Rempe can't contain himself... don't give him what he wants and he's easy to sucker into stupid penalties. BigMac should take him on at some point but he's veteran enough to be smart about it.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

fwiw, carberry says both sandin and jensen will travel with team and neither have been ruled out tomorrow

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA

fwiw, carberry says both sandin and jensen will travel with team and neither have been ruled out tomorrow

Let Jensen rest a game. Insert Sandin and pull Iorio out. Johansen will shortly go back to Hershey once both guys are cleared.

Fever-JC74
Sandin-TVR
Alexyev-McIlrath

Reactions: Ridley Simon

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Nice to hear both Jensen and Sandin have a chance to be in for gm1

Now whether it's gamesmanship on Carbs' part and neither are ready or 1 or both are ready we shall see; either way it's good to hear that they're both close; I don't think anyone here wants to have to rely on Iorio and McIllWrath

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Nice to hear both Jensen and Sandin have a chance to be in for gm1

Now whether it's gamesmanship on Carbs' part and neither are ready or 1 or both are ready we shall see; either way it's good to hear that they're both close; I don't think anyone here wants to have to rely on Iorio and McIllWrath
Iorio is not ready for NHL playoffs. McIlrath is. He adds an element we are missing. I’d rather have him early and if he needs to be replaced by Jensen in a game or three then so be it.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Wonder what JC was packing? Let’s hope he brings it on the ice.
1713654888336.png

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I can’t believe so many people hedging their bets and such low expectations before the puck has even dropped for Game 1.

New Season. Caps can win. They won three straight to finish the season when their backs were up against the wall. They played low scoring, defense first, playoff hockey and executed it well. They have a hot goaltender.

There is no reason to just give up and be satisfied. We can beat the Rags. Then we’ll worry about what is next. But players, coaches, and fans need to believe.

LFG Caps!
Being realistic does not equal giving up.

Reactions: alphabetical

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Actually he has some value in regard to matching up with Rempe, so Tom Wilson can focus on the important part of his game.
The level of negative defensive impact McIlrath has as a player outweighs any impact he has with one fight vs Rempe. Him getting 8-10 minutes because he's untrustworthy only add more tough playoff minutes on the back of Carlson and Fever. They're going to wear down in a hurry doing that in playoff hockey. Macs just not good, I'm sorry. Love him in Hershey and always cheer for him but he belongs in the AHL, that's why he plays there. He's 32 years old and hasn't magically found his game. Let's hope that Sandin and Jensen are available sooner rather than later.

Reactions: pman25

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
McIlrath is well loved to be sure around the team but yeah he will get pinned in his zone for an extended timeframe…but if that’s gonna happen anyway maybe we should ice him lol

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I doubt he sees ice much once Jensen and Sandin are ready. As of now... he's fine and i hope he lays a beating to anyone around our net. Especially make Kreider pay for every second he wants to stand around the crease.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
First of all, playoff hockey is awesome! Loved watching the games stress free yesterday waiting for today.

On Mac, no doubt a couple of you have watched more Bears hockey than I. But i have watched a fair bit over the last couple of years. There is a reason why Caps signed two 30+ AHL vets to two way deals in Mac and Sgarbossa. I’m not suggesting he is our ride or die for the entire playoffs, but i do think there is value in having him in for Game one. Rempe is playing so you want to have some toughness in the lineup. Mac also Captained the Bears to Calder Cup last year. He understands high stakes hockey.

Reactions: ArmadilloThumb

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad