GDT: LXXXI | "Closing Time, You Don't Have To Go Home But You Can't Stay Here" | Oilers @ Coyotes | 4.17.24 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Ugh damn. I won’t lie. I will likely try it but it is probably the most disgusting pizza of all time lmao

Remember McDonald’s pizza? I loved that when I was a kid. I bet I would hate it now, but I loved it when I was a kid.
I loved it too, and I bet it would still be great. I can remember how it tasted.

This Tim's pizza looks pretty meh. The crust is a flatbread. McDonalds pizza had a real dough crust with some crisp to it

• Love
Reactions: tardigrade81

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I was there the other day and they had like only 5 different kinds of shitty pre-frozen donuts to choose from. I had the apple fritter. It’s a shadow of what the old apple fritter used to be. That was a manhole cover of sweet doughy fresh apple cinnamon greatness. The new one is a tiny rectangle of frozen apple puke.
Things I miss from the 80’s. walking into a donut shop and smelling fresh baked donuts.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Channeled my inner @tardigrade81 and crushed a Teen burger.

IMG_1024.jpeg

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
My town also has an IGA but the bakery isn't great.
IGA is basically dead after Sobeys bought the majority out in the 90s. I was referring to stores in the 70s and early 80s. Anything IGAs left are, well…Most small town shops where there is still an IGA, is probably a great place to buy canned goods, with all respect.

Reactions: McDoused

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I was there the other day and they had like only 5 different kinds of shitty pre-frozen donuts to choose from. I had the apple fritter. It’s a shadow of what the old apple fritter used to be. That was a manhole cover of sweet doughy fresh apple cinnamon greatness. The new one is a tiny rectangle of frozen apple puke.
So disappointing. Maybe the new Crispy kreme will be good.

• Love
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
William Lagesson confirmed as having the longest goal scoring drought in the NHL after Brodie just scores. Just think, could have had him and Brown on the team. ;)

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I’ve seen a ton of games in Phoenix between the downtown rink and the one out in Glendale. Had a lot of fun watching the Oilers down there and always bought a 6 to 10 pack where you could choose your own games. Lots of good memories but sadly crap ownership and bad location sunk the team in a tough hockey market.

Utah should be interesting next year. Deep pockets and a lot of up and coming talent should see a marked improvement on the ice.

That said I hope the Oilers wipe the ice with them tonight, get the playoff juju going!
I think that’s what kills Quebec City is not enough big business and taxes . I was in Quebec City last August and I swear Halifax is bigger . Winnipeg has Thomson family but they better get their attendance up.
I’ve never been to Utah but as u said, their is deep pockets there and that goes a long way with Bettman

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
So disappointing. Maybe the new Crispy kreme will be good.

I now live in the Southern USA and have access to Krispy Kreme on demand. It's amazing - but still not the same as what you're describing.

When I lived in Edmonton, I used to love Safeway Donuts. Their deep-fried donut croissant was a major weakness of mine. Is Safeway still an option, or have they stopped deep frying?

Reactions: gordonhught

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Mathew’s fails to score 70. It’s gonna take days to wipe the smile off my face. Kinda looking forward to hearing Leafs fans say he’s a 70 goal scorer because 69 is close.

Watch the NHL try to find a way to round it up n some how we see our 3rd round pick is mysteriously missing

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Ugh damn. I won’t lie. I will likely try it but it is probably the most disgusting pizza of all time lmao

Remember McDonald’s pizza? I loved that when I was a kid. I bet I would hate it now, but I loved it when I was a kid.

Same. Loved McDonald's pizza. Remember those flavor packets you could dump on your fries. Those were great too.

• Love
Reactions: tardigrade81

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Yep. His lyrics are without competition. I know he has the most recorded song in history by other artists but there’s a reason for that. Hallelujah is just hauntingly magic.
I watched k.d. Lang sing Hallelujah from about 5 feet away in the first row at the Center in the Square in Kitchener. It was unbelievable. That and McCartney doing Hey Jude in the Forum in Montreal are the two most memorable individual live song performances of my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad