GDT: LXXV | "A Spring In Those Skates" | Oil vs. Avs | 3.20.16 | 7:30 PM | Rexall | SN-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(29-38-7) --vs-- (37-31-4)

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: March 20th 2016
Game Time: 7:30 PM
Broadcast: SN-1
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=2015-2016 LEAGUE STANDINGS]
RK | TEAM | GP | W | L | OT | PTS | ROW
25th|
large.png
|71|30|35|6| 66 |28
26th|
large.png
|71|29|34|8| 66 |24
27th|
large.png
|71|27|32|12| 66 |23
28th|
large.png
|74|29|38|7| 65 |25
29th|
large.png
|71|29|37|5| 63 |27
30th|
large.png
|71|25|35|11| 61 |19
[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Taylor Hall - Leon Draisaitl - Iiro Pakarinen
Patrick Maroon - Connor McDavid - Jordan Eberle
Lauri Korpikoski - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Nail Yakupov
Matt Hendricks - Mark Letestu - Zack Kassian

Andrej Sekera - Mark Fayne
Darnell Nurse - Adam Clendening
Jordan Oesterle - Griffin Reinhart

Laurent Brossoit

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=AVALANCHE PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Landeskog - Soderberg - Rantanen
Boedker - Grigorenko - Iginla
Matthias - Mitchell - Comeau
McLeod - Skille - Martinsen

Beauchemin - Johnson
Holden - Barrie
Bigras - Bodnarchuk

Pickard
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Lines are as they started the Vancouver game. In the 3rd period we saw RNH get time with Hall and Draisaitl, something to keep a watch for. Brossoit slated to start tonight.

- No Mackinnon (injured in Calgary, pending update), no Duchene. Rantanen was called up from the AHL. Have no clue what their lines look like. We face the fabled backup goalie tonight.

- Calgary, Winnipeg, and Columbus play today. It'd be nice if they picked up some points... :sarcasm:

[/fieldset]

Last edited:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I'll be going to this game tonight, so apologies in advance for the loss, fellas. I wouldn't be surprised if we get shut out too. 6 of the last 8 games I've went to we couldn't even score one measly goal. I hope it doesn't happen, but it just wouldn't surprise me. Normally I go to a few games a year, but this year this'll be my only game to see live. Last time at the ol' barn. Hope it's a gooder.

It's been a while since I've been to Rexall, so without further ado, GDT tunes:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Aw ****, I really didn't want Brossoit to start tonight. Not only do I want to win, but I wanted to actually watch Talbot live. What a rip. :shakehead

hawks889

Jul 6, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta,
Aw ****, I really didn't want Brossoit to start tonight. Not only do I want to win, but I wanted to actually watch Talbot live. What a rip. :shakehead

Nothing wrong with giving Brossoit more starts, it s time to see if he has the makeup to be an NHL goalie, and while the game is important for the Avs, with huge playoff implications, its just game for Edmonton to see who can play next season.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Broissoit in goal should help out the tank
Not that I want to tank or anything :p

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I'll be going to this game tonight, so apologies in advance for the loss, fellas. I wouldn't be surprised if we get shut out too. 6 of the last 8 games I've went to we couldn't even score one measly goal. I hope it doesn't happen, but it just wouldn't surprise me. Normally I go to a few games a year, but this year this'll be my only game to see live. Last time at the ol' barn. Hope it's a gooder.

It's been a while since I've been to Rexall, so without further ado, GDT tunes:

Wow. Couldn't finish that video. And I like most anything.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Nothing wrong with giving Brossoit more starts, it s time to see if he has the makeup to be an NHL goalie, and while the game is important for the Avs, with huge playoff implications, its just game for Edmonton to see who can play next season.

There is when I'm going to the game, I'd like to see a win. I hardly ever get to see those live. So me + Brossiot = loss.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
This is the first time since 2010 that I don't care to finish 30th. The Opportunity to be above CGY, VAN, TOR, and WPG, is too enticing.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
The thing to watch for in LB, in my opinion, is his "automatic" style. I noticed it a lot in his last game: rather than try to anticipate/track the puck like Cambot does, he butterflies and stays positional with virtually every shot. It's "safe" goaltending that will bring you success in the AHL but which will get you murdered by snipers in the NHL.

Watch Neal's three goals. This happens on every single one. https://www.nhl.com/video/neals-hat-trick/t-279293760/c-42563603

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

Still a very good chance of the Oilers finishing DFL yet as the other teams have so many games in hand - even with them trying to tank.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I feel bad for you, would not want to be going to this one.... but maybe they'll surprise.

Both games I went to they completely stunk up the place.

That's usually how it goes for me too. Two years ago, every single game I went to that season, we couldn't even score one measly goal. Last year most of the games I went to we got shut out. Can I pick 'em or what? :cry:

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Mixed emotions on this one because I'd probably say the Avs are my second team and I'd like to see them in playoffs if the Oil can't be. Just looking for McD to put up some points in this one, win or loss. Avs offence is hit hard missing both MacKinnon and Duchene. Their forwards look pretty bad without those 2. Decent depth but no real high end talent.

As for LB I think it's just experience more than anything. Only his 4th NHL game. On goals like the Neal ones he's just not accustomed to having guys be able to beat him like that when he's out that far. In the AHL 99.9% of the time those are either gonna hit him or go over the net, and for most guys in the NHL too. Just an overall shooter/top 6 skill level adjustment imo. Give him 15-20 games and I think he'll be stopping shots like that no problem. He's a good goalie.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'm amazed that they're still stuck with John Mitchell as their 3rd line center.

I also wonder if the Avs will throw down to solve that problem once and for all by adding Frans Nielsen. Along with re-signing Boedker that could give the Avs the dandy Danish duet of destruction they've been seeking.

Jun 9, 2011
I don't want a tank. Let some other team have that first overall. I would rather finish this season with as healthy a club as possible and see what we can do. No matter where we finish, it's likely our last low finish, so I hope we keep that pick.

Why is Kassian on the bottom line? I thought he was good on the top six.

Broissoit has proven he is good in goal at junior, ahl and the nhl. He has lost confidence or something. I believe in him and hope he has a good game.

Love to see Reinhart and Oesterle continue to improve and McDavid get some points.

Anyone love the energy and determination RNH has shown since he's come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad