Speculation: LW

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This position I believe is the weakest part of TOR.

What will Dubas/Keefe do now that they know Bunting is the only reliable left winger?

Kerfoot Matthews Marner ?

It certainly can't be Engvall and not N.R.

Steeves, Semyonov, or Hirvonen?

What should they do?

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

What will Dubas/Keefe do now that they know Bunting is the only reliable left winger?

What should they do?
It is what it is. What can we do? It's just a succession of dumpster dives.

Reactions: 1specter

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015

What should they do?
Though I don't disagree that Engvall probably doesn't help much. But I'd rather see him tried in the top 6 as he is atleast fast enough to get in on the forcheck.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Weak? We have a 1LW and 3LW and a 4LW.

Bunting Matthews Marner
________ Tavares Nylander
Kerfoot Kampf Kase
Mikheyev Spezza Simmonds
Engvall

Ritchie is more than capable of being 2LW, if not he will be booted off the team like Vesey.

Hall cost a 2nd at the deadline, so possible swap later in the year coming.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The safe move is probably to replace Ritchie with Kerfoot. An adventurous move would be to promote Kase to the top six and have a couple of wingers switch sides. I'd likely still opt for 'safe' if the patience just isn't there with Ritchie right now.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Really bad game for Ritchie today, but like Keefe said, it hasn't been only on him.

Matthews has somewhat of an excuse with his wrist and he is someone who has earned the benefit of the doubt with his play.

I bet much like Tavares, you take him away from Marner, and he looks better. That happens a lot when Marner is going through a slump.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Really bad game for Ritchie today, but like Keefe said, it hasn't been only on him.

Matthews has somewhat of an excuse with his wrist and he is someone who has earned the benefit of the doubt with his play.

I bet much like Tavares, you take him away from Marner, and he looks better. That happens a lot when Marner is going through a slump.
His wrist is fine. They wouldn’t play him otherwise. Just a excuse, Matthews just had the worst game I’ve seen him have ever. 2 direct goals his fault. Not converting his own typical chances. His last playoffs were more of the same as this. He doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad